I

"Are you serious?? Did they think you were too good for the women's team bruh? Not trusting you on this one send me a pic"

"I swear I'm not lying I'll forward it to you like right now!!"

"Girl I'll be waiting!!"

"Wait hold on a second someone's at the door, I'll call you back!!"

"You better"

I hung up on one of my girlfriends, Lisa, to get up and see who's at the door. Once i open it I see Lucas.

"Marie!! Received any interesting news today?"
He said while trying to hold his smile back.

"Lucas tell me you're serious and this isn't some kind of joke on me."
I say to him while looking him dead in the eyes.

"Marie it's for real!! PLEASE tell me you said yes??"

"Are you kidding? I emailed them back that EXACT second, of course i said yes!!"

He practically jumps in my arms and we hug while we slowly spin around and he goes on about he excited he is to train with me.

Earlier today I recieved an email inviting me to play for (as you can already tell) Brazil's national football team. First thing i did was check a million times if it isn't someone playing a prank on me. After that, of course, I confirmed i accept the invite.

Lucas Paquetá, the midfielder of Brazil's football team, my best friend of 6 years. We met on my first trip to brazil alone at a beach at Rio.

"I literally can't believe this bruh, we'll be together even more!!"
Lucas kept on ranting about all the things we would do together.

"Yeah but I'm kinda nervous to you know, meet the rest of your teammates and your coach."

"They're literally gonna love you. Neymar, Marco, Thiago and Rafinha we're so excited when I told them too, you'll be fine!"
He kept reassuring me while laughing once in a while.

Shit, how has it already been two weeks? I'm about to meet the rest of the team so we can train together tomorrow for the first time.
I'm sitting on my couch in my living room zoned out, thinking about if the rest of the team will like me and want me on the team. My thoughts get interrupted by my phone ringing. I jump slightly before i pick up my phone. At least I didn't miss this call while overthinking. Of course, it's Lucas. I decline the call without picking it up, knowing he just called me to let me know he's outside. Lucas had told me earlier that the team reserved a separate room in the restaurant we're meeting in. He didn't tell me to wear anything fancy, but he did say he was wearing a suit so i figured I needed to leave a good first impression.
Outfit choices: