𝓞𝓷𝓮; 𝓐 𝓭𝓮𝓫𝓽 𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓭

Naerys Velaryon was 7 years old when her aunt, Lady Laena died a dragon riders death, which was a better way of saying that the Lady Laena actually died in the birthing bed in Pentos. This event left her family traveling to Driftmark for her funeral, while Naerys was saddened by the reasoning of traveling she was estatic to be seeing all her family again. 

Dragonstone was lonesome to Naerys, though she was the second eldest child she was often looked over. Her brother, Jacaerys spent his time with their younger brother Lucerys, the two were closely bonded, and Jacaerys often berated her for her appearance. Naerys tried to ignore it, blaming her brothers upset at the rumors he had heard during their time in Kings Landing, it being reasonable that he'd prefer to share his time with someone who faced the same judgement he did. As for Joffrey, he was still a young child who spent his days clutching Rhaenyra's skirts. Rhaenyra was kept so busy with her youngest child that she rarely had time for Naerys on Dragonstone, and her father was now grief stricken and spent his time alone out at sea.

She stood behind her mother listening to Vaemond Velaryon's speech, honoring Laena, and subtely dishonoring her brothers. Naerys felt her mother's body tense and she slowly reached her hand to rest upon her mother's back, Rhaenyra turned her head and smiled softly at the girl. She continued to stare at the back of her mother's head until a slight chuckle could be heard, that is what drew her attention to the left of her. 

It was Daemon Targaryen snickering. The girl was baffled at the laughter. Was he not the husband of the woman they were laying to sea? Her brows were furrowed as she stared at the silver headed man, many other eyes looking his way as well. 

She watched as her mother caught his gaze and she softly bowed her head in gratitude. Naerys understood in that moment that Daemon had acted as a distraction from Vaemond's implied insults. She returned her gaze to the sea of people gathered, hoping to see her dear aunt, perhaps an uncle or two, upset to not see them.

Naerys wasn't sure when the funeral had actually stopped but she was glad to be able to walk around now. The ocean mist had dampened her dress and partly her attitude, but she continuedwalking around when she felt a hand grasp her arm, spooked, she turned around only to find her mother's gentle eyes,

 "Your cousins have just lost their mother, perhaps they could use a kind word?" She said to her beloved daughter gently, "Take Jacaerys with you."

 Naerys understood why her mother said this, but she couldn't stop the irritation from rising in her heart, she had never met the two girls, what support could she truly offer them?

 However, instead of voicing that opinion she grasped Jacaerys' hand who stood behind his mother with sad eyes, grieving someone who was not Laena Velaryon. She led the pair through the sea of bodies until she spotted two darker toned girls with beautiful curly silver hair resting upon a stone bench away from the crowd.

  They approached the two girls, silence occurred. All four of the children sat staring at each other, besides Jacaerys, he continued staring at his own two feet. Naerys chewedon her bottom lip awkwardly maintaining eye contact with whom she believed to be Rhaena. The other girl suddenly reached out and grasped Jacaery's hand, tears welling up in hertroubled eyes.

 Naerys' eyes softened at the action, "I'm very sorry for your loss." whispered Naerys, when suddenly she was pulled into the tightest hug she had ever received. She stared down in shock at the girl wrapped around her small frame before wrapping her arms around the sobbing girl. Neither Naerys nor Jacaerys attempted to flee until the Princess Rhaenys approached the girls, offering the two siblings a kind smile. Rhaenys wrapped herself around the girls and that is when the two siblings made their leave.