𝓽𝓮𝓷: 𝓱𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂

Naraxes rested on the shore of the cove, napping but every now and then opening his eyes to watch his rider and ensure she was safe. Naerys sat in the wet sand, letting the water rush to shore and cover her body before retreating back into the sea. Her dress was soaked, and the sea air was not kind to her hair, but she cared none. She sat alone with her thoughts as the night began to change the blue sky. She knew she would have to return at some point but the idea of not returning became more and more appealing the longer she sat and thought. 

Naerys fell backwards, laying in the sand, allowing more water to cover her body and in this moment, she was glad she was alone because she looked like nothing more than a corpse that had washed up on the beach. She closed her eyes listening to the sounds of water crashing carry her. She was her father's daughter after all, a Velaryon born of the sea. 

Her eyes opened harshly at the sound of Naraxes growling, his head tilted up at the sky. Irritation climbed her throat knowing someone was in the sky above her, someone coming to bring her home and she was not ready to go home quite yet. She shut her eyes once more, if she could not see who it was then perhaps, they would mistake her for a dead woman and leave her be. Her ears listened intently as dragon wind sounded, descending towards her escape. The loud thud of a dragon landing shook the beached ground. Still, she did not move, she did not open her eyes. 

The sound of boots trucking through the sand did not make her move, the feeling of someone approaching did not make her move. What made her move was the sound of Aemond Targaryen's voice.

She heard the footsteps in the sand quicken just as she heard, "Naerys? Oh gods." Aemond sounded panicked when he rushed to her body lying in the water. Quickly, she sat up, she did not stand but she twisted her upper body to face him, she took in his frazzled face and how he stood with his hands at his side, his chest raising faster than usual. She let out a deep sigh before throwing herself back down into the water, "If someone disappears, it's usually a sign that they do not wish to be found." her voice was hoarse as if she had been crying. Anger crawled into Aemond's chest.

"Is the thought of marrying me so bad you run away?" He demanded an answer, stomping closer to her. He was upset she had made him think she was injured, and he was upset because he knew she had been crying based off of her voice and he did not want to be the reason she cried. 

Naerys did not answer him, she hummed to herself trying to put her body back into the calm feeling she had earlier, "I went out of my way to find you and have a conversation, it would be nice if you stopped ignoring me." Aemond stood next to her but out of the way of the water rushing back to the shore, tapping his foot impatiently.

Naerys sat up at his demand, feeling angry herself, " I did not ask to be found. I did not ask you to converse with me. It appears we will have forever to have conversations. I wished for one moment alone." She snapped back at him, feeling slightly bad when his face shifted into that of a cold one.

"Naerys. Get out of the water or I will drag you out." He threatened her. She ignored him not thinking he would ruin his pretty boots, "You're going to be that way?" He asked once more, still she did not reply. 

Aemond timed the waves perfectly, waiting until they receded back into the sea and when they did, he marched forward grabbing ahold of his betrothed's arms and picked her up, she was much heavier when she was soaked in the sea water, but he still managed with ease. 

"Put me down you heathen!" She shrieked fighting against him, his grip only tightened on her, "No, you wanted to act like a child then I shall treat you like one." He hissed in her ear, once they were out of the water's way, he set her down. 

He stared down at her soaked dress, internally scolding her. Once he realized she wouldn't be pulling anymore disappearing tricks he left her and headed to his dragon before grabbing a cloak from his sack and returning to the girl throwing it at her. She narrowed her eyes at him but took the cloak as she was started to chill.