𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽: 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷𝓼

Silence filled the drafty room, the pitter patter of rodents scurrying across the cold stone floors being the only background noise.  The faint noise of laughter and music echoing softly from the gathering hall as the two Queens in their own rights stared at each other intensely.  Otto Hightower sat at the long stone table beside his daughter who stood with her hands placed firmly on the table. 

Rhaenyra Targaryen stood rigid, her back straighter than ever and her eyes holding fire inside the violet color. She had sent for her husband the moment Alicent Hightower had approached her for a private meeting and proposed the political marriage between her daughter and her son. She had kept her composure when her old friend said the words, regal and firm she appeared but internally she was nothing but that of a little girl tearing banners off her chamber walls and crying, but she would never let her audience know that. 

Alicent hadn't been sure how Rhaenyra would react upon her words, but she knew that if she were to consider them then she must make her point quickly, therefore she summoned the hand of the King, a master manipulator.  Otto had not opposed his daughter when she suggested this marriage to him. In fact, he had smiled, proud of his daughter's tenacious idea. 

Rhaenyra let out a deep breath in an attempt to control the dragon that was awoken deeply in her before turning to face Alicent, "Many years ago I offered you the most generous idea of wedding Halaena and Jacaerys, to make Halaena the future Queen, with a gift of a dragon egg to Prince Aemond." She stated not to the green standing before her but more so to herself, trying to line up the story. 

Alicent nodded, her dark amber curls moving ferociously, "Out of anger you declined this and wed your daughter to her own brother, and now you wish I wed my daughter to your one eyed second son?" Rhaenyra let out a humorless laugh as she clasped her hands together, her eyes darting between father and daughter.

"In the name of peace, Rhaenyra." Alicent stepped around the table and stepped closer to Rhaenyra who stepped back at the woman's advances, "The name of peace?" she repeated. Alicent's eyebrows furrowed together as she desperately searched the Black Princess' features. 

The door to the cold stone room slammed opened as Daemon Targaryen barged in, a storm brewing in his angry eyes. His gaze looked at Otto before switching to his wife who stood before the Queen with a broken aura. He narrowed his eyes as he reached his wife, standing proudly beside her. 

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded; Otto sighed seeming irritated at this intrusion. Alicent looked at Daemon but did not say anything, her gazed returned to Rhaenyra.

"They have purposed a marriage between Naerys and Aemond." Rhaenyra exasperated to him as she turned to face him. His eyes widened in shock before he regained his composure.

"Why?" He sharply questioned to the Queen, but she did not have to answer as Rhaenyra did for her, "In the name of peace, she claims." Daemon laughed coldly, "Have we not already established peace? Do you plan to do something to disturb the peace?" 

Alicent froze at the suggestion, her eyes returned to Rhaenyra, searching through her thoughts, "Had you not swayed my father's opinion on the matter of wedding Halaena to Jace there would have been no discord between us." Rhaenyra's voice raised, "Aemond would have never had the need to claim Vhagar, and Lucerys would not have taken his eye. You have made your bed, now lie in it." She stepped back as her words cut the Queen in two as she prepared to storm out of the room.

Otto stood up abruptly at the sight of the Princess leaving, Daemon's hand reached for the sword sheathed at his waist. The older man did not flinch at the prince's actions, "Rhaenyra." he called. She stood frozen in place before turning around.