𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽; 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓽

The darkness swarmed Aemond's body, the feeling of death breathing cold touches on his neck. His eyes were opened, he thought, perhaps he was blind, for he could not see a thing. The black color clouding his vision. He had to be blind, he was far too aware of the spilling of blood. The sound of victory. The screams of his beloved wife.

His wife

Naerys

"Stay with us, your grace." The voice said to him. Where are we? Who are you?

"He's lost too much blood." The voice called out again. Aemond tried to force himself to speak but nothing came out. Frustration grew in his bones as easily as his blood poured out. His heart would stop beating if they did not help him.

"She will have our heads if the king dies." A new voice said softly, sounding condemned. 

I don't want to die. 

I have yet to experience this new world.

Naerys.

Mother

Halaena

Save me please

If the people around him were attempting to save him, he had no idea. He was already gone. 

Naerys stared at her husband's pale corpse. His silver hair now free of blood but stained pink, no longer wearing his fighting leathers or anything for that matter. His face looked peaceful, no furrowed brows or scowls. 

But if there was none of his displeasure, then there was none of his smiles, no love or adoration in his eyes. No shy smiles, no gentle caresses first thing in the morning. There was none of him, because he was no longer there. 

He was gone, and with him her own heart and soul gone. 

Wetness fell to her lap. She inhaled deeply, her head turning fiercly to look at her lap. Tears.

Tears stained her dressing gown. When had she started crying? She was done crying. Until she wasn't. 

Days had passed since Naerys had claimed the Iron Throne. The court was beginning to return to normal, but she had not seen anyone. Not even her mother, nor Daemon.

The last time she had saw anyone was the day Alicent and Daeron were pardoned and bent the knee to her, shortly after she had allowed Alicent to look upon her dying son's face.

She could still hear the sobs and screams from the woman when she closed her eyes.

Guards stood present at the door all hours of the night and even the day.

Naerys didn't want to be bothered, no.

Her hand lifted slowly, caressing her own face and closing her eyes, if she entered her mind enough it was Aemond wiping her tears away. 

He would smile at her softly and ask her what was wrong before slaying all her troubles, but he couldn't slay her troubles this time, not when he had been the one slain.