𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷; 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝓮

Naerys stood at the entrance of the gathering hall scanning around for familiar faces, only to find none. Her mood had been sour ever since running into Aemond and his possible bride and she was hesitant to attend a celebration in the woman's father's honor. At the sight of seeing so many people her braided hair suddenly felt heavier and her dress tighter. She knew she should move but she just couldn't bring herself to edge her feet towards the sea of people. 

Cregan Stark watched Naerys stand at the entrance, fumbling with her dress, flattening it here and there. He was standing near her talking to a few other Lords, he saw as her worried eyes traveled the room looking for a savior. He took a moment to look up how magnificent she looked. Her dress fit her like a glove and her hair framed her face in just the right way, he excused himself from the group, heading her way.

"You look like you'd rather be anywhere but here." He said announcing his presence as he offered his elbow. She spooked; her head snapped towards him, relief washing over her features when she realized it was him. Graciously she took his arm. 

"My knight in shining armor." she smiled at him as they moved through the crowd, people parting ways to allow them to pass, "Seeing as I saved you from being lonesome, I suppose you owe me a dance." Cregan had stopped walking, only turning his head to offer the princess a playful smile, "Perhaps I'll give you two." Naerys teased, a wide smile stuck to the man's face, "I will dance with you for as long as you have me princess." 

Cregan's word made the princess blush as he delivered her to her mother before departing, "Lord Stark." Rhaenyra greeted.

"Your grace." he bowed his head before stalking away to return to the lords he had been previously speaking with. 

"You look like a true princess, Naerys." Rhaenyra spoke softly before embracing her daughter in a hug. She smiled back at her mother as she wrapped her arms around her. Daemon had approached the two women, handing her mother a cup of wine, "Your mother will be flooded with an even broader number of letters requesting your hand in marriage after tonight." Daemon joked sharing a look with his wife. 

Naerys shared a shy smile but internally she was glad Daemon had confirmed that she was certainly a spectacle tonight. Upon hearing of the celebration, she rushed to her chambers and began preparing. Lady Genna was certainly beautiful, Naerys could not deny that. She had the servants and seamstresses bring her the finest dress that would enhance her natural body. Granted the corset she wore was cutting into her hips, but she could endure it just for tonight. She felt childish competing with a woman who had no idea there was a competition. Let alone competing for her uncle's attention. She had only just gotten it back and she wasn't sure she wanted to lose it once more.

She sat with her parents, watching as others danced, smiling. Daemon had even taken Rhaenyra to the dance floor leaving her alone. Her smile slightly dropped as she was left alone again. She watched as Jacaerys spun Baela across the floor, laughter leaving the girls lips as she tilted her head back. Halaena twirled around Lucerys, who's eyes held a vast amount of admiration for the girl. Naerys smiled at this but wondered where Aegon was, not that it mattered, he did not pay Halaena attention most of the time. Naerys was unaware of the eyes that watched her.

Aemond stood talking to Lord Lannister with his daughter wrapped around his right arm, but he paid her no attention, how could he? The most beautiful girl to him was standing alone, ripe for the taking. He had positioned himself in conversation with Lord Lannister in just the right way. The Lord stood with his back to the princess, leaving Aemond plenty of room to watch her. 

She wore a red dress that dragged the floor, with a low cut on the front, leaving little to imagine, the straps she wore fell over her shoulders and touched the floor behind her, when she turned around, he noticed the back was low as well, the top resting below the dimples on her back. It was not a dress many men would allow their wives to wear, or one his mother would like as it was far too revealing for her taste, but she had given up trying to dress Naerys years ago, however Naerys looked ethereal wearing it.