𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷; 𝔀𝓪𝓻 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓼

Though it was unformal, every lord and lady that had been supportive of Rhaenyra's claim to the Iron Throne gathered in her chambers, swearing their allegiance to Naerys. She was surrounded by bodies, by Aemond, but never felt so alone in regards of what was asked of her. 

The bodies of war eager men stood gathered around Aemond and a stone table, Naerys felt like a phantom as she observed their hands thrown in the air, the way veins popped out of their necks as they spoke. 

"What says you, my queen?" Baela approached gently, offering her a cup of wine. Naerys gratefully took it before downing the entire thing, her eyes glancing to her mother who was now dressed and perched in the chair across from her, "I am not your queen yet." She muttered, Rhaenyra locked eyes with her, a doubting expression crossing her face.

"We do not have the men to siege the keep." Rhaenyra stated, Naerys bit her lip as she stood, drawing the attention and silence of every person in the room.

"We have the North." She spoke confidently, Jacaerys stepped closer to her, "We do not, Lord Cregan Stark said he was sworn elsewhere." 

Her eyes trailed between her mother, to her brother, then to Aemond, inhaling deeply she spoke again, "Yes. Cregan Stark has sworn to me."

"When?" Aemond questioned shock threatening to weave its way onto his face. 

"When he pulled me away from you during Aegon's coronation," she was only talking to him now, "Nonetheless, we do not need the North in this moment. The Hightowers are sneaky, unfortunate for them they have raised me the same way. We will not siege the castle." This time she addressed the curious faces.

"Then what do you purpose?" Rhaenyra asked, intrigued by her daughter's mind for the first time.

"I only need Daemon and his mercenaries. Aegon and his wife and children will be taken from the keep in the dead of the night, brought to Dragonstone under my protection, send word to Harrenhal." She declared.

Rhaenyra smiled at her daughter's tenacious appearance, "What of you and Aemond? The Hightowers will know." 

Naerys smirked, "Liars raise liars." 

Aemond objected, "Dragons are faster, send me to Harrenhal to retrieve Daemon." 

"No, Vhagar would be spotted, and questions would arise, no one would think twice If I flew Vermax to Harrenhal to support my stepfather's raid." Jacaerys argued. Aemond, although irritated knew he was right, his eye glanced to Naerys, "Jacaerys is right. Go now, inform Daemon of the plan, I will expect Aegon gone of the keep by the end of this moon." 

Jacaerys nodded, determination clear in his eyes as he bowed before his mother and sister and rushed out of the room. Rhaenyra watched her eldest leave, concern growing in her eyes.

Naerys stepped forward kneeling in front of her mother, "You will sit the throne, dying or not. I will not rest until you have what was taken from you." Her hands gently reached forward and embraced her mother's. Rhaenyra smiled softly at her daughter, "How I've underestimated you." She concluded. Naerys could not fault her mother for this, seeing as they grew up apart and had always been seemingly estranged. Though she grew under Alicent's influence she too had underestimated her ward.

"I am sorry." Rhaenyra whispered, her violet eyes swarming with darkness. Naerys did not have to question her, she knew what her mother spoke of, "I knew you would be okay, you we're always fond of court." 

Naerys' lips thinned as she swallowed down a lump in her throat, "I was fond of my family, of you too," Rhaenyra could not meet her eyes, "Was it worth it? Sending me away, I mean."