𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝔀𝓸; 𝓪𝓮𝓰𝓸𝓷

Aegon found himself in a lot of different scenarios over the years, he was the troublesome prince, what could one expect? One time he had snuck away from the keep and been taken for ransom, to which his father did not pay and the two thieves that kidnapped him were not eager to prove themselves murderers and after a few days of convincing them that Aegon was a friend, they knocked him out and when he woke, he was upon his favorite whore's lap.

Another time he had taken his dragon, Sunfyre, flying drunkenly, forgetting to tighten his leather straps that kept him secure in his saddle and Sunfyre had no regard for him as she barreled sideways through the clouds. Aegon had been screaming commands to land as he hung from his dragon, feet dangling miles away from the ground. He liked to think Sunfyre was teaching him a lesson as she landed roughly and turned her head to look at the man who rolled off her side and onto the ground. 

Needless to say, Aegon had come close to death's door multiple times but always came out unscathed so when the White Worm, an old friend of his, ushered him into a hollow wine barrel and closed the lid, he had accepted it. He wouldn't say he necessarily trusted the woman; she was not someone who did things for free, her cost was expensive, but once bought was formidable, he only wondered what his sister-in-law and brother had offered her in return for her secrecy. 

He was nervous, cramped, sweaty, the air was hard to breathe, with no ventilation holes put in the barrel. He could feel his toes curling in the most unpleasurable way and his knee pressed harshly against the walls. His hair was caught on a splinter, and he would give anything to release the pressure building on his ass from the stationary position he was in. 

Aegon had no idea where he was, besides in a barrel, it was almost laughable. He froze when he heard the sound of a creaky door sliding open, fear engulfed his heart when he heard footsteps approach him, they weren't heavy, not manly, and he wasn't sure if that scared him more. Had the White Worm sold him out? It wouldn't be the first time. 

He forced himself to remain still as the quiet sound of another being's breathing whispered in his ears. A hard knock banged on the top of the barrel, swear words threatening to come out of his mouth.

"I will not be making this fun." The sultry voice of the White Worm warned, Aegon was unsure what she meant but remained quiet, suddenly different footsteps approached, these certainly boot bearing, heavy, determined. 

"I trust you have what I'm looking for," The gruff voice belonging to the heavier footsteps spoke, he could only imagine the twisted smile on Mysaria's face, "What or who?" She replied, prodding the other man.

"Don't play coy with me bitch, I've got a princess on a boat with two kids asking for daddy." He spat at her, his voice closer than before. 

Halaena

my sister

my wife

my children

His heart thumped wildly in his chest at the man's confirmation, he was not a friend, but he was not a foe. He heard the skirts of the woman moved away from him, dragging the ground. 

"It's not every day you get to roll a fallen king in a barrel, I do intend to make this fun, try not to scream." the man said as Aegon felt two hands toss the barrel on its side, Aegon internally groaned as his body was forced to hit the side of the barrel. 

He couldn't tell where he was, where he was going, only that he was rolling and rolling, and getting more irritated by the minute. He heard the chatter of those roaming the streets at night, the vibrations of the barrel hitting the ground with every push. 

"You're a pain in the ass." the man whispered as the barrel stalled, Aegon's face fell at the man's comment, but fear took over as he heard the familiar clanking of armor. The Kingsguard.

"Evening gentlemen," The man called, now putting on an accent, Aegon almost scoffed at it.

"Everyone's been instructed to return to their homes, so that the Kingsguard can clearly see what is causing the explosions," Aegon recognized the knight's voice but couldn't remember his name. 

"Under who's order?" his escort called, seemingly challenging. 

"The king's." 

Aegon's escort didn't reply, mumbling words to himself instead, "What's in the barrel?" Aegon scowled, bloody nosey pompous guards.

"Nothing that'd interest you." 

"Seize the barrel." 

shit

"I wouldn't if I were you." 

The guard laughed as the other approached the barrel, in one swift moment Aegon's escort had slit his throat, he heard the blade slice through flesh and the gurgling of blood as the man choked on it.

"I told you." his escort huffed, he heard the echoing of swords clanging, metal hitting metal furiously, heavy panting and careful footsteps, the sound of metal piercing flesh and the cries of help from a dying man.

"Well, let's get on out of here." 

Aegon's heart thumped in his chest for the millionth time, his brain to preoccupied to realize they had stopped moving. His escort no longer cradling his hideout, voices of others unrecognized.

Corlys Velaryon opened the barrel, Aegon stood abruptly, his knees weak from the blood rushing to his head causing his sight to be limited. He was drenched in sweat and frantic as he looked around.

"Easy, your grace." The Sea Snake calmed him. 

"Halaena?" He questioned, his sight now returned as he took in the tall plump man, Corlys nodded, motioning Aegon to the left, letting him use himself as a brace as his weak legs pushed his body out of the barrel.

 He looked at the barrel with disgust, it could have almost cured him of his love for the finer wines. 

almost

Corlys lead him to a secluded room, below the decks as he opened the door, Halaena sat with her cloak hood shading her face, her silver hair, their children sleeping soundly against their mother.

Aegon let out a breath of relief, not for his wife, but for his sister. They were not close, they did not love one another as husband and wife should, but they were blood, and they were his. 

Two children forced to marry one another.

Aegon nodded at Corlys, communicating a moment alone, which the man understood, bowing as he left the pair. 

Halaena's eyes held tears in them as she reached a handout to Aegon, he rushed to her as quietly as he could, taking her own dainty hand in his own. She squeezed his hand as he knelt in front of them. 

His other hand reached out and gingerly brushed the sleeping children's cheeks, "It was so scary." Halaena whispered.

"We ran into some guards." Aegon muttered softly, his eyes never leaving his childrens. He was not a good father, but he loved his children. 

"Daemon came with the men, he left searching for Naerys." 

Aegon froze, that was not part of the plan. He grew worried for his future queen; Daemon was reckless but even more so when he felt slighted.

Halaena felt his body tense, "Naerys can handle Daemon, and if not Aemond certainly can, you need not worry, brother." 

"I hope you're right." Aegon muttered, relaxing onto the ground, still holding his sister's hand.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

yee yee