𝓢𝓲𝔁; 𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓱𝓮?

Jacaerys strolled through the ever-vibrant castle gardens. His arm crossed in front of his body; fingers woven between each other. Naerys walked a long side her brother, her body mimicking his. It was silent, tense, uncomfortable. Neither knew how or what to say to the other person. Naerys was not sure why her brother seemed to have such a large dislike for her, seeing as she had not seen the boy in so long and even thinking back to Dragonstone, her elder brother had still been brotherly, even if it was with spiteful tendencies. 

Jacaerys himself knew why he was cross with his sister, for she was the trueborn daughter of his mother, and he was nothing but a bastard. Everyone made sure he knew it as well.  The boy knew it was wrong of him to push his sister away out of jealousy. He knew he should accept her as she had accepted him despite their differences. 

He stopped walking in his tracks, Naerys noticed but did not stop, instead she looked ahead; pretending to be enamored with the flowers blossoming on the bushes. Jacaerys stood watching her gain distance on him, staring at her silver waves of hair, another thing he was envious of. 

"Naerys," He lifted his head, jutting his jaw out, the princess turned around, arms still crossed, "Jacaerys." She returned the favor of calling her name, one eyebrow slightly raised. Jacaerys was going to apologize but he was struggling to find the words he wanted to you, instead he just stared at his younger sister.

"If you're going to say something rude you can save it for another time brother." Naerys spoke plainly, unwillingly to have her day ruined once more. The dark-haired boy approached his sister, his legs longer in stride, taking less time to reach her. His walk was full of purpose. His sister stared up at him, but he would not make eye contact with her. 

"I wish to dispel any animosity between the two of us, we are blood, we cannot go on like this." He lifted his head, looking at Naerys through his eyes. Her brows furrowed, anger rising in her heart.

"There is no animosity, Jacaerys, at least on my behalf. You have forsaken me even as I have loved you despite what we both know is true, to which I will never understand why you distain me so." Naerys words hardened as Jacaerys flinched from the sting of her words. He knew rekindling would take time, but he had hoped his once soft-hearted sister would be more forgiving.

"You sided with Aemond." He declared, a look of boyish features entering his face. Naerys' eyes softed, as did her voice.

"I sided with the truth Jacaerys. As a woman of honor would," the two stared at each other in silence before Naerys spoke again, "but even so, you cannot blame the events at Driftmark for your behavior for your behavior has been bitter tracing all the way back to Dragonstone."

Jacaerys did not reply to his sister, knowing that she was right. He wanted to let the words fall from his mouth, he wanted to shout to the world how unfair it was, but he was afraid his sister would look down on him. Naerys grabbed one of his hands, ignoring how much they had grown, and her other handed gently cupped his cheek, forcing him to look upon her saddened face.

"I am of your blood, your sister, tell me what I have done, Jace." She pleads with her brother. His eyes search hers, looking for any sign of a trick. His gaze softened as his hand tightened on hers while the other one removed her hand from his cheek, but he did not let go. 

"You have done nothing, sister. You are loyal and kind. You are the trueborn daughter. An image of perfection." his words had another layer of meaning which Naerys understood without it having to be spoken plainly.

"You are Jacaerys Velaryon, son of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon, heir to the Iron throne." She squeezed his hands tightly, enunciating every word, he scoffed, "You know what they say about me and our brothers, do not pretend you've turned a blind eye to it."