𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻; 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻

The harsh sounds of the sea sloshing against the wooden ship's sides accompanied Naerys' thoughts. The strong winds caressing her cheeks as she stared off into the distance. She had left Aemond with his family, given him time to spend with them alone before they docked at Dragonstone and all hell broke loose. 

Gentle footsteps echoed behind her causing her head to snap in that direction. Aegon's dirtied body was approaching her gingerly, almost as if he were the predator and she was the flighty deer. 

She offered him a small smile which he returned as he approached closer, joining her as she watched the waves from the ship.

"Have you run off because you're the queen with much more pressing matters than a family reunion or is something bothering you?" He asked softly, she didn't turn to look at him, but she could see his careful expression from the corner of her eye as he studied her face. 

When Aegon was careful it made it nervous, Aegon was a lot of things but never careful or soft spoken. He was crude, arrogant, and a drunk.

She chuckled softly, "I'm fine, I was just giving you all time to enjoy each other's company before we plan a war." 

Aegon pursed his lips, knowing she was lying, "and the truth?" 

Naerys turned to face him with disheartened glance, "I fear you will all resent me, that Aemond will resent me." 

"Why would we resent you? Aemond has loved you for many years." Aegon's words brought some peace to her heart.

"I have taken you from all you have known, and you have been forced to give up a crown you may have grown into." Naerys confessed, fully turning her body to face the man who was once a king.

Aegon smiled softly at her before wrapping his arms around her and bringing her body closer to him, he smelled of wine, sweat, and comfort.

"I would never have grown into the crown, I'm not like you, little dove. Responsibility is not my strongest point," He murmured into her hair. She chuckled slightly against his chest, "Aemond's home has always been with you, and though we all love our mother, she has made her own choices, you have loved her as well, no matter what happens, Aemond knows that it will not be easy on you either."

"We have all been surviving for so long, Naerys, under your reign we can truly live." 

His words echoed in her brain as he departed, leaving her alone once more. The harsh gusts of wind and distant screeching bringing her back to reality. 

Above her flew Naraxes, singing his song proudly as he flew ahead of them, her neck hurt from craning upwards, but the smile on her face was worth it. Another strong gust made her gasp as Dreamfyre soar towards Naraxes. 

She sighed another breath of relief when Sunfyre trailed behind the other two dragons. She had worried that though she freed them that they wouldn't understand, living their lives among the other dragons in the dragonpit. Glad they had bonded enough with their riders to follow.

A dark shadow covered the boat as Vhagar flew over, her winds enough to rock the boat. Though she stumbled her grin grew even wider.

"It's beautiful, is it not?" Aemond's voice broke her gaze. She turned to face him with a bright smile on her face, "Our dragons flying freely together?" He finished, coming up behind her and snaking his arms around her waist. She relaxed into his body, feeling as if they were made for each other.

"Absolutely." She sighed, resting her head on his chest. His grip tightened around her, "I love you." He murmured to her, his chin resting softly on top of her hair. She spun around so that they were chest to chest, her eyes turned downward, "and I you." she whispered before planting her lips upon his own.