to refuse 8

"where am I" was the first thing Giovanna said when she opened her eyes in an unfamiliar room.

"What the hell!!" she screamed as soon as she laid her eyes on the airplane window.

with panic she rushes up from the bed to the larger door in the room. but winced as soon as her rib pain kicked in.

just 1 meter from the bed and the door forcefully opened a tall muscular man in his early twenties rushed into the room worried written all over his face. 

" You okey" was all he spoke as he tried to read his little sister just from looking at her identical eyes and facial expressions.

"you shouldn't leave the bed come" he told her pulling her gently to the bed as if he's afraid of breaking her if he holds her a little too tight. 

"I'm not that weak, you know that? where am I? and where's shit, where's E-Ella, is she okay?, I need to see her!" she ran on. without even waiting for the answer she tried to get back up but was stopped by Marco.

 "Where do you think you are going to, and yes she is fine and is with Xiever our older brother and father on another flight home." 

" But I-." Marco glare at his sister 

" No buts and try to sleep, we will land in a few minu-."

" dear passengers please fasten your seat belt we will land in a few minutes thank you very much" Said the fly woman

" See, now when you are awake let's go to the seats and fasten the seat belts, be carefully" 

" Careful my ass, you tell me be careful and carrying myself in brodal style, you know I can walk by myself am not that weak, and next time think before you touch me" 

She told him to avoid flench again. This time she was lucky since she stopped the flench and she can't risk any of her secrets being exposed due to her irresponsible behavior. 

Usually Marco would shot the person who have dared to talk him like that, but this was his sister hand he had patients.

he just stared at her,  releasing a big tried sigh he said. 

" Just - whatever" 

Time skip 

"this is our penthouse, we don't live here but as a family holidays etc we usually come here. A doctor will come soon to check on you and your well being" Marco said scaring the crap out of Alessia as he called her. 

Doctor means examination and examination means her secrets will reveal. with wide eyes she tried to defend herself.

 "What no, I'm not going to let a stranger examine me." Anyone  cold taste the anger in her voice.

Marco sat down on the couch with a long sigh before saying " doctor, it's a doctor who will examine you not a stranger. " at the end of his sentence came theirs and especially his guard 

" Boss The doctor will come in 5 minutes and our next flight is in 3 hours "he informs

" Tommy fetch healthy food For Alessia and you know what I eat."

 " Yes boss" he probably leaves to do what he has been told to do

"I don't care if it's a doctor or your trusted, personal GP, no bloody doctor is going to touch me."

at this point Marco was angry. he was the most bad-tempered of the Russo brothers. 

he couldn't control it most. His anger always get the best of him but he wasn't always like this, there was a time when he was a bright  kid.

"Shut up, what do you think I am your mother? stop whining, didn't YOUR mother  teach you any manners or" now it wasn't just him that was out of control, so was Maya. 

" Keep my mothers name out of your mouth, you know nothing about her so stop judging, didn't your dad teach you not to judge anyone or judge a book by its cover"

"What did you say?" he stood and walked up to her with nothing but anger in his eyes 

. nobody talks to Marco like that. you have to respect him, you should reapekt whether you like it or not or have a dead wish.

 "I dare you to repeat what you said again" he spat out with venom.

by instinct she fell to the floor and scooted back,  hands in front of her face trying to shield her from whatever awaited her.

Maya shook her head, and closed her eyes, waiting for a blow that never come. 

Realizing how frightened Maya were,  Marco's eyes softened 

He risk it and and quickly approached Maya, unfortunately it has Alessia shaking again 

He lifted her face up with a finger under her chin 

"Sorella, am so sorry, it wasn't my intention, I would never, ever hurt your, over my dead body". He said kissing her head with a big protectively hug.   

" shhh Tesoro , it's okey, your are not in trouble"  his soothing only made her cry harder

she hasn't heard that in a long time, she hadn't had someone say it in a long time, someone who stood by her side. a shoulder to cry on.

 She felt happy for the first time in years and that scared  her, she didn't deserve it after all. at least that's what she thought.