Chapter 11

~{Mayas homecoming }~

Mayas pov

I felt a mix of nervousness and stress as I finally was here to my ' family's' magnificent mansion together with Marco, After refusing medical attention. I had managed to make him convinced and we fine our way back home. The thought of reuniting with my siblings and my father, Lorenzo, filled my heart with a fluttering sensation.

As we stepped through the grand doors, we were greeted by two of my brothers, Renzo and Damon, who are older than me but younger than Marco. Both men radiated joy as they laid eyes on us, especially the guy named Giovanni, my beloved twin brother I guess. It was evident that they had missed us.

Author pov

Renzo felt a wave of joy wash over him as he finally saw his sister Maya and Marco come home to the mansion. He had longed to meet her again, especially since he knew she had been through a difficult situation. Damon, Maya's third oldest brother after Marco, was also home and ready to welcome her back.

Renzo couldn't hide his elation as he saw them enter through the grand doors of the mansion. He stood beside Damon, who was also eager to be reunited with his sister and meet her for the second time. Their joyful smiles showed their genuine love and anticipation.

While Maya took in the magnificent surroundings of the mansion, Renzo took the opportunity to introduce himself. He stood tall and exuded confidence as he said, "Welcome home, Giovanna. I am Renzo, your older brother. It's fantastic to finally meet you again." His voice was warm and filled with sincerity.

Damon, who had also longed to meet Maya, stepped forward and smiled. He introduced himself and said, "And I am Damon, your third oldest brother. It's an honor to welcome you home." He extended his hand to greet her, and Maya responded with a gentle smile.

Maya, on her part, began to feel a certain warmth toward Marco, her second oldest brother. They had always shared a special connection, and despite being separated for a while, she felt drawn to him. Though tired and still affected by the drugs forced upon her, she found comfort in his presence and the calmness of his voice.

As the brothers introduced themselves one by one, in order of age, Maya tried to maintain a neutral expression and not let Ace's sarcastic remarks affect her. She didn't say much and kept a low profile. Deep down, she longed for peace and quiet, away from the lively atmosphere she didn't even know existed in the mansion.

Maya pov

I took a deep breath and turned over, lying on my back. My whole body was consumed by an indescribable pain, as if I wasn't accustomed to it. The truth is, I shouldn't be feeling this pain because I've lived in an abusive home for so many years, where I was tortured three to four times a day.

But my so-called stepfather got smarter. He noticed that his old methods of torturing me no longer worked, so he came up with a new method that has been going on for three months now. Applaud to him, I hope he burns in hell. Anyway, I lifted my gaze to the ceiling and was a bit shocked to see such a clean and white ceiling. Impressive. I've never seen such a clean room that is called mine, hardly ever in my whole life.

I've always been jealous of Ella, but over time, that burning feeling has softened and soon disappeared completely.

What should I be jealous of when it comes to her? Basically, she is mean to me and is very rude despite being a shy, scared little creation. The hatred she feels towards me is much worse than what Nico felt. At least he loved me, or so he said, so much that he started hating me.

He said I didn't deserve to steal his "pure heart." What a bluff. Pure my foot.

I'm incredibly tired, but I can't fall asleep. I suffer from insomnia. This is what happens when you've been beaten for most of your childhood. The fear of someone approaching me and hurting me keeps me awake all night. And the fact is, there are so many guys in this house don't help my situation.

You know what also doesn't help my situation? This room. The colors are too bright, a mix of white, pink, and gray. I don't like such colors, I detest them. I hate pink.

And this bed is so soft that it makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I should sleep on the floor, like I've done my whole life.

"You're probably a better choice than the bed." I said to the floor

So slowly, but surely, slower than a snail, I took the pillow in my hand and grabbed the blanket. I placed the pillow on the floor and laid the blanket on top of the carpet. I don't deserve a blanket or the bed, yet it's uncomfortable, so I refrain from using it instead of forcing myself and making it even harder to sleep.

I have nothing. I have no phone, no computer. I have no person, no one by my side. I have nothing. Completely alone. I should start working again if it not for me, then for my two lights