Chapter 23

"Do you know where they are now?" Thor demanded, tempering his anger

"Do you know where they are now?" Thor demanded, tempering his anger. Dr. Strange kept his eyes on Thor's daughter, curious.

"Not her exact location, but I know she's in the Sahara desert."

"Why would he take her there?"

Dr. Strange shook his head. "I wouldn't know. There are stories of her getting her powers there. Thousands of years ago. But its never been verified."

"Of course not. It's far more complicated than that. When she got her powers, she remembers the Sahara being desert land. Dry, hot. But during the time she says the Old Spirits visited her, that part of the world was green and full of life. My mother always thought that the spirits messed with her memory."

"Why would they want to do that?" Shuri asked. Thor looked over at her, his anger growing.

"The Three that created her also bound the third Old Spirit to a piece of earth. They did this long before Rhiannon existed. My mother told me they did this at the beginning of earth's creation because how do you fill the galaxy with things when Emptiness will just consume them?"

"So, the Old Spirits altered her memories and so that she would go to the very spot where the third Old Spirit was bound?" Shuri sounded worried. She and Okoye exchanged sorrowful glances at one another.

"Exactly." Thor answered, "We're wasting time. Wizard, can you get me as close to her location as possible?"

Dr. Strange nodded and began work on a portal using his sling ring.

"Thor, the man that took her... He's very dangerous. Very powerful. I've never seen strength like his. And he has an army so large... You need a plan." Shuri pleaded.

"I've fought dangerous and powerful beings before. I'm not afraid."

"He says he's a god."

Dr. Strange finished the portal and it opened to large, brown sand dunes and the hot sun. Thor stepped through, leaving his daughter behind with Valkyrie.

"Good." Thor said. "I'll aim for the head."

***