Chapter 25

She watched Namor, his back turned to her, as he spoke with his soldiers

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

She watched Namor, his back turned to her, as he spoke with his soldiers. She was too far away to hear what he said, but she imagined it couldn't be good. Was she his enemy now? Was she their  enemy? Would Namora and Attuma attack her once she returned?

She had no idea if Thor would listen to her, but she was determined to try and work on his conscience until he did. Thor was a good man, after all. He was honorable and had integrity. He wouldn't want to harm Namor if she could show that Namor and his people were only trying to help.

When she realized Namor wasn't changing his mind, she gathered her resolve and turned away from him. The great expanse of the hot desert was in front of her and she instantly regretted her decision.

She have to walk alone in the scorching heat. She couldn't fly because she couldn't use her magic for her own gain. Namor controlled her transformed self, so she was very mortal on her own. 

But she loved Namor. And she loved Thor. She couldn't imagine them killing each other. She began walking away from the Talokan warriors and her god king lover.

She knew that her actions would save both of their lives. She had to at least try.

She took her first step into the desert sand in the direction of the lighting. Her feet sank into the hot earth and she cursed herself. But she had to keep going. She had to stop this.

***

Dr. Strange hovered in the air, eyes closed. He was focused on something that caught his attention. It was a signal...or a call? Someone or some thing was speaking in the language of magic. It was old and dark. He'd worked with dark things before.

"Hmmm...." He turned his head so that his ear faced the direction of the sound. It was a whisper on the wind. He strained to hear it.

"Sacrifice....." It said before disappearing again.

Strange's eyes popped open and a confident grin spread across his face. "There you are."

He went to Thor who stood a short distance from him, surveying the land

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

He went to Thor who stood a short distance from him, surveying the land.

"She's about ten miles from here," Strange said. "And she's getting closer."