Chapter 27

Thor landed in the hot sand and continued to slide a great distance before he stopped

Thor landed in the hot sand and continued to slide a great distance before he stopped. He'd never heard of Namor and after today, he'd never forget him. This creature's strength rivaled the Hulk. He'd fought the Hulk before and beaten him on many occasions. 

But the Hulk was his friend. Namor was not.

Thor grunted as he rose to his feet. He dusted the desert sand off himself and decided not to temper his rage any longer. The sky darkened with gray clouds and blue lightning flashed across the sky.

His eyes lit up and blue sparks danced on his fingers. He clenched Stormbreaker firmly and lept into the sky.

***

Namor's attention was on Rhiannon. He was sure he struck her god friend hard enough to end his life. Now, he turned to her, ready to gather her in his arms and fly away from this place to safety. He stood on the ground and looked up at her as she levitated. She focused on something in the distance.

"Mi amor..." he said in the deep, seductive voice she recognized. But she didn't respond. She watched the darkened sky with her silver eyes. He noticed she hadn't fully transformed. She'd only triggered enough to protect herself. Did she still need his permission?

Namor's ears perked up as he listened to the approaching thunder in amazement. Her god friend survived?!

***

Thor slammed into the ground, his weapon coming down hard on Namor's left side. However, the god king was ready for him. He blocked the blow with his arm and immediately turned around to jab his spear into Thor's gut. 

Thor dodged it and spun around, swinging Stormbreaker into Namor's side

Thor dodged it and spun around, swinging Stormbreaker into Namor's side. The god king was tossed a few feet across the desert sand. He laughed as he rose.

"How exciting," Namor smirked and he charged at Thor again.

Lightning blasted from the sky and charged Stormbreaker allowing Thor to fling the deadly electricity in Namor's direction. Instead, it struck the sand, crystalizing it into glass as the god king flew overhead.

"She needs help!" Thor yelled as Namor landed several feet away from him.

"Is that what you are truly offering? Help?" Namor frowned. "You have your sorcerer throw her into a void of nothing. Alone and forgotten until you come up with a plan?"