Chapter Five: A Heavenly Visit

'This room feels a bit cosier...' you said, examining your whereabouts. While the place was littered with boxes and assortments of different objects and materials, the more candles sprinkled throughout reminded you of a simpler time.

When you were seven years old, only three years ago, there was a blackout at Arch Gate Pictures. You, as a young child, were scared. Your mother however, lit many candles in her room and let you sit on her lap while she drew. Even though it was a very simple and forgettable memory, you still held onto it, and it made your heart ache for your mother even more.

There was a cassette tape a top the table, which made you curious. Tapping the triangular play button, you heard a familiar voice. 'I just received a call... Joey Drew is... dead.' Nathan Arch said in dismay through the cassette player. 'What a quiet end to an extraordinary life... Last I heard, he was staying in some... cramped apartment downtown. You could practically hear the rats in the telephone when he called me last April. Despite of that, old Joey seemed quite happy when last we spoke!' You listened to him intently, picking up on some emotion with his wording and tone. They must have been good friends.

A sigh came through the receiver. 'Well, farewell, my friend... what will become of your creations now?' And the line dropped. You knew the end to that story, however. Nathan Arch took over Joey Drew's legacy and took all rights to the characters. Now you weren't certain if it was a good idea to do that from this look of the place you were standing in. "The ink is calling us", Wilson had said. So, is this all just because of the ink? Or is it Nathan's fault? All of the options and questions started to hum in your brain again, only to fizzle out when you shook your head to rid of them.

A cabinet was above the work bench, which you opened to see if anything valuable was inside. A glowing battery caught your eye, which you grabbed quickly. Who knows when you might need this? But something else grabbed your attention. A baseball with cursive handwriting written on it. Intrigued, you reached up and grabbed it with your dainty fingers. "Bud Louis". You threw it in the air in a fit of play, before placing it back on the shelf where it belonged.

Looking around the room, only found a wall with some bricks left out of place, perfect for climbing up to the next floor. You grabbed hold of one, surprised to feel the feeling of actual brick, and started to climb. Once at the top, you stood still for a second to get your boundaries. There was a path to the left, and a lever to the right. Piquing your interest, you headed toward the lever, which had the words "Security Override" above it.

A small grin escaped your grasp and eased onto your face as you pulled the lever down, reaching high with all balance on the tip of your toes. The door to the right of you rolling open, which you ran to, starting to relax. Nothing has tried to attack you yet, and everything looks so, so interesting... you couldn't help the adventurous mood starting to arise through the nerves.

A figure walked around the corner up ahead, startling you. 'Hello? Hello, can you help me? ...Hello?' They didn't reply, and you hadn't had enough time to see who or what it was. Thick ink drooped from the ceiling in a compact cluster, slowly falling to the wooden floorboards. How much ink is in this place, you wondered. Oh, how unaware... You round the same corner the figure did, only to find a Bendy cutout laying against the wall, old and ruined just like the rest of this place. Hey bud... I sometimes saw ones just like you in Arch Gate. You stroke your hand over the face, feeling cardboard. You were always my favourite.

Returning back to your journey, you round the next corner, only to be surprised by a sudden shut of the vent grate. A small shriek came out of you, but you cut it off when you heard the sound of crawling away from the vent. Who's in there... You walk forward, slightly faster than before. You were greeted by a marvellous open space. Banners hung from the ceiling, gigantic toys lined the walls of a great fountain of ink, an enormous title above.