Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Journey Down Under

Bendy sniffed and hiccupped as he tried to slow his breathing, and you stood there holding him tightly to keep his balance. 'When you are ready, just let me know.' You closed your eyes as you listened to his heartbeat and breathing, and you felt him do the same.

He relaxed his shoulders and released himself from the hug; a sad smile plastered on his face. 

'Do you want to talk about it?' You mumbled, resting your right hand on his shoulder. He shook his head, wiping his eyes. It doesn't matter anymore.

You sigh, knowing it wasn't your place to prod. 'Alright... Do you want to come with me? I'd be more than happy to give you company.' 

He nodded and his grin widened, happy to be an accomplice again. You returned it. 'Let's keep going. And if that Ink Demon ever shows his face, he'll regret it!' Bendy's smile faltered, but he quickly regained it and gave you a thumbs up. 

'There we go!' you said happily, regaining your happiness of having your good old pal with you again. He cracked his knuckles in preparation, but then he stopped. He pointed to your Gent Pipe, and then back at him.

'What, do you want it?' He shook his head. He made a slashing motion with his hands. 'Oh! Your knife... I'm sorry I didn't think to pick it up. It's fine, I'll protect you anyway.' He looked away, seemingly glad he didn't have a weapon.

An urge.

You pressed the elevator button and the doors closed on you two, and you felt the tight space jolt as it started to move down slowly. Bendy sat down on the ground and swayed his legs side to side. 

'Is it going to take a while?' you ask, confused on why he was sitting. He nodded and patted the space beside him, inviting you to join him. You obliged and placed your Gent Pipe on the ground.

'So, what have you done while you were gone?' you ask, trying to make conversation. Bendy stuttered, before playing with his hands nervously. 

'I can uh- I can change the topic if you want!' You try to make light of the mood, but it felt strange. 

Like he was hiding something. 

'Uhm... it's very interesting, y'know...' Bendy looks up at you, interested. 'In the cartoons, you don't wear clothing other than a bowtie, while now you wear an adorable little suit! I honestly should tell my Ma to try drawing you in a suit more often, it suits you!' The topic idea came out of nowhere, but it certainly brightened the mood. 

You raised your eyebrows smugly at your joke, and Bendy smothered his face, embarrassed. 

'Sorry, Bendy! That was terrible.' You laughed at his reaction... it was like you two were siblings or something, always poking fun at each other when you see fit. 

Suddenly, the screech of a microphone erupted through the speakers, scaring you both. 

'Unauthorised surface elevator in use.' A booming and scratchy voice called, and Bendy immediately latched onto you, absolute fear on his face. 

'Bendy?' He started to vibrate in panic incredibly hard, his breathing got shaky and fast. 'What's wrong? I know the voice is creepy, but I'm sure-'

'Manual lift ejection activated.' The voice sounded almost mechanical and rough, but the words are what you focussed on more. 

'Wait, no don't-' The elevator suddenly stopped with a jolt and immediately started to drop, your hair slightly raising in the fall. You shrieked, holding onto Bendy protectively and he scrunched his eyes in silence.

It slowed to a stop, and you opened your eyes along with your devil friend, seeing if the coast was clear. The door wasn't opening, and you could hear a sound of a creaky trapdoor opening slowly. 

'Uhm... Ben-' The floor dropped out beneath you, and you both fell. You still held onto Bendy and cushioned his fall when you hit the ground.

You groaned and let go of him as you checked your head. It was fine, but it rang a little. Bendy looked at you with fear in his eyes as he looked around, noticing... something around him. 

Lifting your head and feeling for your Gent Pipe, you noticed something in the corner of your eye. You grab hold of your pipe, but a spider-like creature grabbed your hand and you shrieked, flicking it off your hand quickly. 

You get to a sitting position and notice you are surrounded by these disturbing creatures. Bendy let go of you and gave a some-what menacing glare, as if trying to scare them away from you.

Standing up quickly, you slowly tell Bendy to move out of the way. Taking the chance, the strange and absurd creatures crawl over to you fast, snapping their jaws as they charged. 

Bendy jolted and you quickly grabbed hold of him. With a swift manoeuvre, you get him on your shoulders. 'Hang on, looks like we're in for a fight.' While he was your height, he was surprisingly light. Perhaps it was the help of the strange glowing substance...?

You slash at the creatures that were running at you both, and Bendy held onto you with his legs draped over your shoulders and clinging onto your hair. You felt one climbing up your back, but Bendy hit it off with his hand. 

Every single one that came to you, you killed with a single swing. After a long and distressing wave of spider-like crawlies, they started to slow. You noticed a some coming out of a few pods in the floor. 

What are those? 

You hit one, and it cracks open, no longer giving birth to those hell-spawn creatures.

Seeing this as a perfect tactic, you swing at as many as you can, while fending off the invaders in the process. This takes forever, hitting and repeating, hitting and repeating... When you finally hear the heavenly sound of quiet, you relax your shoulders. 

But Bendy doesn't say or do anything. 'We won, buddy.' But you could feel him start to shake again, you crane your head to look at him. 

'What's wrong?' You pointed above him, staring at something where the elevator's door dropped.

Turning your head, you see a ginormous creature, which looked to be the hell-spawn's mother, snapping its agape jaws at you. You screamed as it hung there, and it spewed out more of the strange and creepy creatures. 

'Bendy, get off and run! I'll fend them off.' But Bendy seemed to have a different idea. 

He hopped off your shoulders and whistled loudly, drawing the attention of the tiny creatures to him. He then ran around, keeping them busy while you tackled the mother.

  Great idea, Buddy.

You look to the mother, who dropped to the ground, and you narrowly escaped her falling path. She cried out in rage and crawled to attack you. 

She was a lot slower than the hell spawn, so you were able to swing at her and then dodge pretty easily. You noticed her slowing down a bit after every strike, so you took the opportunity to jab your pipe straight down the thing's throat. 

It gargled in anguish, but quietened as you twisted and churned it in her mouth. With the death of their mother, the children crawled away rather quickly.

Bendy stopped running and turned to you, exhausted. You were too.

'What were those things?' you ask, as you head over to him. He merely shrugged in response. 

'This place makes no sense...' you grumble and look around. A flashing and sparking caught your eye, and you noticed that you could charge your pipe there. 

Perfect.