Chapter Nineteen: Cheeky Devil

You groaned as you stirred yourself awake, not really wanting to get up. Bendy was in the exact same spot as you saw him last, cuddled up on your side, asleep. You smiled at how peaceful he looked, at how content his face was. It was a strange sight, in a place like this. You had almost forgotten where you were.

Looking around, you noticed everything was the exact same as you and Bendy left it. It was a sad reminder that you couldn't escape here forever, but sleeping was a nice way to leave, if only for a short while. Bendy still clutched his toy, but he had placed it in a way that it wasn't digging into you as you slept. That's sweet of him...

But your right arm felt numb from him resting on it for a while. How long had you both been sleeping? Probably not that long, as no one has come through here to attack you. 'Bendy...' you called quietly, trying to get him to wake up. 'Bendy, we have to keep moving...' he stirred a little and moved his head to the side. 'C'mon, bud...'

His cartoonish eyes flickered open, looking up to you dozily. 'Sorry, Bendy. We have to move on.' you say, fidgeting slightly to get his body to wake up. He nodded slowly and got up. A tingly sensation rose up your arm as your nerves started to lose their sense of numbness when he rose. You hopped up as well, grabbing your Pipe off the ground. 'Ready?' you asked, and Bendy nodded in reply. But then he stopped and turned to the desk, intrigued by something.

He walked over to it and pressed the play button on the audio log, curious. You and Bendy listened to a female voice talk in an upset tone. 'Good things always come in threes, they say. Bendy, Alice, Boris... it just works.' Bendy pointed to himself happily and you grinned. 'So, when I showed my co-workers my design for a new fourth member of the Butcher Gang, you could almost hear the disgust at the lunch table.' Bendy went to look around the room, while you listened.

'"A ghost girl?" they said, "No one's going to get it." They just laughed at my drawings...' Oh... That's pretty sad, actually... You looked over at Bendy, who was collecting batteries and parts for you. 'Thanks, bud,' you said, and he replied with a thumbs up. '...Joey Drew on my side. He'll understand... he's got to. Carley will join the Butcher Gang...' Bendy whistled for your attention and you turned to see him frightened by something.

'...And she will be beloved by all.' He was pointing at a deformed and ghostly figure; one you had never seen before. 'One way or another...'

The creature's eyes were pitch black, with no soul inside. '...I'll be Carley to life.' The audio cut off, and just as it did, the body moved. You screamed and Bendy's eyes widened in terror. 'Bendy! Get away from-' just as you were about to run and protect him, you saw the deformed monstrosity was only crumbling to the ground, lifeless.

'-there... Oh...' you stopped running and stared at the body. 'Is this meant to be Carley?' you asked Bendy, but he only shrugged in reply. It got threateningly quiet, too much for you both. 'Let's just go, Bendy. We need to keep moving.' He nodded slowly and turned to look at you. He pointed his gloved hand at you, gesturing for you to lead the way.

Leaving the creepy room behind, you move forward with Bendy behind you, whistling to himself merrily as he strolled along. The rolling door opened for you two as you walked up to it, but Bendy stopped you in your tracks by tapping you on the shoulder. 'What's the matter?' you ask, gripping onto your Gent Pipe in case of any danger. He held up a battery and two boxes of Gent parts up to your face, and you laughed. 'Oh! Thank you, you're a champ.' You grabbed hold of the parts and placed them into your pockets carefully, and Bendy whistled in pleasure.

The door in front of you didn't roll upwards when you moved toward it, and Bendy scratched his head in thought. 'Why isn't it opening?' you asked yourself, but Bendy ran off before you could stop him. 'Where are you going?' he rounded a corner and whistled when he got to where he wanted to go. You were about to ask what the fuss was about, but the door in front of you opened, revealing the path forward. Bendy came back around in a proud stride, wiping his hands dramatically as if he completed a noble task.

'How did you know that was over there?' you asked, rubbing his shoulder in thanks. He pointed to his eyes and poked you jokingly, then ran off ahead, whistling in laughter. 'Hey! I'm not blind!' you laughed along with him as you chased him playfully.

Rounding the corner, Bendy ran through the narrow hallway and dodged all of the ceiling collapses, you following behind closely. Bendy stopped in front of a barred door, checking to see if it was locked, but you were too fast. 'Gotcha!' you exclaimed and hugged him from behind, him giving a little surprised squeak, then a defeated whistle. 'You couldn't run forever, y'know.' you say, patting his head and letting him go. He gave you a big warm grin and pushed the door open.

There was another ceiling collapse, one that was too difficult for you to get through. The only way you could get to the other side was by going through a gigantic pipe, which you weren't too fond of. But it was the only way. 'Come on,' you gestured with your smaller pipe, but Bendy stood back from it, and folded his arms over his chest in defiance. 'We need to keep moving. He whistled a short tune and jumped over the pipe and squeezed himself through the debris. Right... you're completely made of ink...

You held up your right hand, which was clutching the Gent Pipe. There was still some skin left there, not completely covered. ...I'm not. You sigh and kneel onto your hands and knees. Crawling. Again. Your knees were starting to get tired of this... You were reaching the other side, but something dropped down in front of your face and scared you. You yelped out loud in surprise and drew back, gripping your weapon tightly in a threatening pose.

'I- Bendy?' Bendy was hooting in a fit of giggles as he looked at your face. Priceless. 'Why would you do that?' you said in a fit of anger, but you couldn't supress your smile. 'You really are a little devil, aren't you?'

It honestly made you really happy to see Bendy opening up to you, his curiosity, his playfulness, and his humour. It was warming to know he trusted you to act like this.