Chapter Thirty-Four: [Enemies and Pipe Dreams]

'Alright Bendy. Wait here, and I'll go look for the overflow switch.' He nodded and zoomed his Bendy plush around him, already lost in his imagination. 

You ran around the place, clutching hold of your weapon tightly. A barred door piqued your interest, and you sprinted over to it. Through the bars, you could see the word "Override".

Seeing that you were getting somewhere, you swung at the barred door's lock, and the chain slid off its hinges. Hitting the button revealed a strange gurgling sound, and you looked behind you. The ink flooding the sewer was now draining. 

Perfect. Now I just have to open some things and then push it again...

'Bendy?' He looked up at you from across the room. 'Can you stay here next to this switch and when I tell you, can you press it for me?' 

He nodded eagerly and ran to you, the Bendy plush's limbs flaying about as he held it. 

'Thank you, you can close the barred door if it makes you feel safer.' But for some reason he shook his head, and it took you a bit to understand. 

'Right. You don't want to feel trapped or anything. I get it.' You waved Bendy goodbye for now, which he returned and went back to his game. 

'Oh! Here,' you quickly pass him his toy train from in your pocket before you run off once more.

So, I need to open something... 

You look down into the now-drained section. A hatch on the wall inside intrigued you, so you hopped down, landing on some excess ink. You pull open the hatch easily, so you knew it was what you needed to do. 

There should be one on the other one as well, right... 

You raise your hand and allow your body to flow over the top of the centre tunnel. Leaving Bendy alone, you head into the corridor that leads to the other sewer room. 

Your footsteps, however, seemed to have enticed some new-comers.

'Get her!' a rough female voice called, and you saw three men and a female charge at you, all Lost Ones with a strange adornment on their head. You backed up into the corridor and noticed that they held scythes. 

What the hell? 

Making sure you don't go all the way to the other side to make sure Bendy wasn't spotted, you prepare for a four-on-one fight. 

The female ran at you first, flailing her weapon toward your face. You ducked down low, and barrel rolled between her feet with some difficulty. You kicked behind you and hit the back of her knee, making her collapse to the ground in a surprised grunt. 

A boy came charging at you, barely leaving you time to register. When he charged, you instinctively grabbed hold of his hand and drew him down, his scythe in front of him and impaling the woman by behind. She screamed in pain to which you quickly knocked her head to quieten her.

The man looked absolutely flabbergasted at what he had done and stared at you in petrified rage. 

One of the other boys came running, practically fuming out of their ears. So, when both were standing and reaching to grab you, you plunged your Gent Pipe into the first one's stomach. The other ran into him unprepared and unaware, also getting slightly impaled. 

They groaned in agony as they fell to the ground. You quickly killed both to end their suffering. 

The final one held an axe, which struck fear into you

Now that's not fair.

He swung at you, and you dodged, but you got a deep cut on your shoulder by his speed. You breathed in deeply through your teeth in grotesque and searing pain, but you quickly recovered before he dares swing again. 

You get down low and swing at his knees, buckling his onto the ground. Before he got up, you yank his axe off of him and split his face in half. 

He died instantly; not even a breath escaped him. 

You dropped the axe and saw just how gory and disturbing it was inside of a Lost One's head. It was... 

Horrible... 

You supressed the urge to vomit, as you listened the silence enveloping you.

Killing these people feels so wrong... 

You rest your hand on the boy's split head. 

What if they had a life to get back to? 

Your negative thoughts did the opposite of what you wanted to do, making him dissolve into the ground, but his soul stayed with his body. 

'Oh no, NO-' it was too late to save that poor boy now. He was gone back into the Dark Puddles.

Seeing what you had done, you clawed at your face in self-frustration. After a minute of upset, you calmed yourself down and restored the rest of the Lost One's souls individually, making sure to think positively instead. 

'Bendy!' you call, getting his attention. 'Can you please press the switch now?' He did as you asked, and you heard another gurgling sound. The room he was in you noticed was filing again, but the room on the other side still stayed the same. You went to the other room and saw a lever at the end of some ink. I think I can make it...

You do a little run-up and flow over to the pile of crates and boxes beside it. You pull down the lever, and you heard an electricity zap jolt somewhere nearby. 

To the right of where you were standing, it sounded like. 

You flowed over the inky river and toward the door. Opening it revealed a room with a box of bacon soup. Your eyes lit up and you took a can and opened it, not caring that you cut yourself on the tin in the process. You chugged what little there was in the can and felt your injuries pain lightening and lessening from the fight earlier.

You had a quick look around the room and found a Barley cut out was leaned against a hidden passage. You hit the thing away, and it broke it into pieces. 

A small crawl-tunnel was now visible, and you could certainly get away with just crouching through. But you decided it might be better to just crawl to keep quiet. A lever labelled 'Override' was once again visible, so you headed over and flipped it. Crawling back through the tunnel, you decided that it was time to head back.

Getting to the room where Bendy was, you found him playing his train and plush toy, placing the Bendy plush on top of the train and making little engine noises. 

'Hey, bud,' you called, waving at him. He perked his head up from his game, a happy smile spread across his face seeing you return. 'Can you press the switch one more time for me?' He nodded at your request and pressed it, cleaning up his toys as soon as he was confirmed by the gurgling noises. 

You grabbed the toy train and put it back in your pocket, but Bendy wanted to hold the plush still.

'Now we'll be able to go through the tunnel down there.' You pointed down toward the pipe below, and Bendy gave you a sharp nod and a smile. 

We're making it.