Chapter Eighteen: She Was The Fourth

'Bendy? Bendy!' you called as you walked forward, cupping your left hand to your mouth. 'Where are you? He's gone, you can come out!' No reply. You grumbled in frustration, and let your hands fall beside you, you Gent Pipe hitting against your leg slightly as you thought. "Come say hello"? Is that meant to be nice or threatening... you couldn't tell.

Creeping to the door, you peer around the frame. A female Lost One sat in front of a desk, expressionless, dead. The words "She was the Fourth" was scrawled above the desk, and you noticed an audio log sitting there. Walking up to the table, you stared intently at the body, hoping that it wasn't asleep and was actually dead. But then you noticed the slight rise and fall of the chest. Crap.

You knelt down as quietly as you could, but your kneecaps didn't like your idea. They cracked as you went down, making the Lost One's eyes flicker open and stare at you. You jolted and hit her with your Gent Pipe, knocking her out cold once more. Oops... you sighed and thought to yourself. Can I free her soul if she's unconscious? I don't want to have to kill her... But you knew you couldn't risk it. If she was conscious, you thought that maybe she would melt into the ground, just like the other poor Lost One.

You plunged the Gent Pipe into her abdomen. Terrible aim. She moaned and gasped at the pain, making you wince. 'I'm sorry, I-' She clawed at your soaked pants, anger and resent in her eyes. You couldn't stop your reflexes, as you hit her square in the face. You tugged the Gent Pipe out of her side and plunged it once more into her chest, this time killing her. I'm terribly sorry about that...

You rested your left hand on her wound, which was seeping ink onto your palm. Thinking of Bendy brought you joy, so you started to think of his blissful nature, him playing with the projector's shadow, playing with his toy train, and him hugging you. As you felt the soul of the female Lost One rise up, you also felt your shoulders relax.

A surprised whistled echoed behind you, and you quickly twisted you neck to see Bendy staring at you, confused. 'Bendy!' you exclaimed, leaving the puddle of ink and running straight for him. He held his train tightly and looked away from you, as if ashamed. 'What's wrong? There's nothing for you to be ashamed of.' You rubbed his arm affectionately and gave him a warm smile. 'I don't blame you for running away, the Ink Demon is pretty scary.'

He didn't respond for a while, but finally gave a sharp nod and looked at you. 'We'll teach him who's boss though, right? We'll figure it out, anyway.' Bendy looked at you perplexed. Then gestured to your hand curiously. 'Oh, uh... I don't know if that would work on him. Alice told me his evil is infinite, so I don't know if I could find any good within him to set his soul free.' He cocked his head to one side and let out a low whistle.

'Are you asking who Alice is?' he shook his head. 'Uhm... my powers?' He nodded eagerly and sat down on the ground. 'Oh, you want a story?' Bendy smiled happily, and you laughed, sitting down in front of him. 'Well, I don't really have a story to share... I got my ability to free people out of nowhere, the Ink Demon told me it was because I am a kind soul with a bunch of sinners, but you're here... and you're perfect... so I don't get why you wouldn't have those abilities too.'

Bendy looked away from your gaze and nodded for you to continue. '...I did get another ability, however...' you mumbled under your breath, and Bendy gave you a look of curiosity. 'But I will try to never, ever use it. It sends souls back to the Dark Puddles, and restart their cycle of torment... I don't want that to happen.' Bendy rubbed his chin in thought and snapped his fingers as if he got an idea. He went to the puddle of the female Lost One and grabbed a handful of her fluids. 'Uh... Bendy-' before you told him to stop, he splashed it onto the clean wall beside you, and started to write messily.

A...ng....e....l...?

'Angel? Well, yeah actually, the Ink Demon said that is what I am here.' He nodded energetically and wrote something underneath it.

Na...m....e...?

'Name? Oh gosh did I never tell you my name? It's Y/N, sorry that is so rude of me...' you laughed and rubbed the back of your neck, but Bendy didn't seem satisfied. He thought to himself and then started to write behind "Name"

P......ow....er....s

Powers... power's name? 'Oh, you want me to name it or something?' He nodded, satisfied. He tossed the ink away carelessly and rubbed his gloves together to get the grime off. 'Hmm... that might actually be fun! Let's see... the good power is setting people free... does "Freedom" sound okay?' Bendy looked up and squinted his eyes in thought, and then shook his head. 'Okay... "Mercy"?' Bendy stopped and then smiled wildly. 'Heh, you like that one? Okay, my good ability is called Mercy. What about my... other... ability?'

You both sat in thought for a while... 'Sins?' No. 'Aftertaste?' Bendy chuckled and howled a whistle at that suggestion. It was fun brainstorming with the little devil himself. Then he got up and bounced up and down eagerly. 'Got an idea, bud?' He quickly scooped a bit of ink from his head and you looked at him surprised, but his head went back to normal just fine.

He started to write on the walls again, under "Powers Name"

D.....e....mi.....se

'Demise? I actually quite like that one. Great work!' He boasted his chest out and looked high with pride at your praise. But then he looked over at you and his smile faded a little. 'What's wrong, buddy?' He walked over to you and sat down beside you, wrapping his arms around you tightly. 'Do you want a hug?' you smiled and hugged him back, but he shook his head slightly. 'What's the matter, then?' you ask. Suddenly, you needed to stifle a yawn. Your face bloated a little as you tried to hide it, but it took too much energy.

Bendy gives you a look, and you laugh awkwardly. 'So you just want me to rest, huh? I guess we could take a few minutes. I haven't slept in a while, anyway...' He snuggled into you, and you rested your head on his shoulder, and it didn't take that much effort to fall asleep. Before you did, you felt Bendy cuddle into you more and you could feel the rise and fall of his stomach.