Chapter Thirty-Three: The Sewers

The dark expanse of the room fit very well with its name. 

The Sewers... 

A lever caught your eyes as you let your gaze flick around. You walk over to it, Bendy trailing along. 

I wonder what this does... probably gives me a way forward. 

Resting your hand on its handle, you tug it down. Immediately, a whirring and creaking sounded throughout the room, coming from in front of you. A rolling door down below rolled up, revealing a passageway.

Before you head down, you decide to use the re-charge station beside you on the wall, just in-case you needed it. 

Bendy grabbed a battery and popped it into the deposit box, while you placed the pipe into its slot and cranked the handle, allowing the charge to enter inside. The progress bar reached maximum capacity and you stopped, drawing the pipe out and grabbing it once more. 

'Let's investigate down there.' You gesture down the ladder to the door you opened, and Bendy gave you a thumbs up along with a huge grin.

'"Unsafe Area"? This whole place isn't exactly safe...' you murmur, looking at the sign hanging on the wall after walking through the door. The words "stay together" were printed underneath, but someone tainted the word "together" and scrawled "dead" beside it.

The hairs on the back of your neck stood on end as you stared intensely. 

'Uhm... so we can assume there are some creatures down here... right?' Bendy nodded his head, holding his plush rather tightly. You both climb up the ladder, finding yourself on the other side.

'"Lord Amok Rules"? Who's that?' You trace your hand down the wall as you read the bizarre warning sign. 

After exploring for a little while, it just felt like you were going in circles. It hurt your brain a little... 

Bendy tapped you on the side and pointed at something ahead of you; your gaze following his gloved finger. Over on the other side of the room that was split in two, there was a barricaded door... obviously hiding something important. 

'Thanks, Bendy!' He grinned wildly with unashamed pride at your praise, and the two of you set off to investigate the door.

You had already charged your Gent Pipe, so you completed the procedure to open the door without hesitation and flicked the lever. As soon as the barricades shrunk back and allowed you both passage, Bendy pushed open the door. 

You went off to go explore the small room, which seemed only to have an unguarded lever, so Bendy decided to go elsewhere. 'Where are you headed, pal?' He pointed around the big expanse of the sewers. 

"Exploring."

'Alright. Just holler, and I'll come running.' He smiled and set off to look for clues while you had a look at the lever. The words above it was once again, "Security Override", so you knew it was a good idea to pull it down. You flicked the switch, and instinctively turned, hearing the noise of progress. 

But Bendy came running at you, something in his hands as he waved it about. 

'What'dcha find?' you ask, seeing his obvious excitement of being important and finding something necessary.

It was a note - once again - written by Muncie Dunn, the person who had made the note about where the keys were for the control panel for the crane. But this note wasn't summarised, so you guess there were a lot of instructions to fill out. 

Another puzzle...

"They designed this big tunnel to link their new Gent building to Joey Drew Studios. They want to keep labor and parts flowing between them. I don't think they fully knew what they was actually creating here." 

Odd... so this is Joey Drew Studios... Joey did tell me I had to head to the Gent Workshop, but I don't know if I should trust that guy.

"When workers are heading through the shaft, you gotta drain the centre duct into the overflow. When they're gone, you flood it again. Any smuck can do it." 

Why do you have to flood it again if you just drained it? 

You noticed Bendy in the corner of your eye rummaging around some lockers, looking for anything useful.

"But the main this is: you gotta make sure the duct hatches are all open! Once they're open, the overflow can go drain back and forth between the two ducts. Simple stuff, but a bit complicated when you're working by yourself." 

When you finished the note, Bendy whistled for your attention. He seemed to have found something in the locker.

'Hm? What did you find?' You walked over to where he was and were perplexed by what you saw. 

There were four slices of moulding pizza, all of which were far too gone for even you to eat. A rat was rummaging about inside, obviously not as picky. 

'Euch...' you mumble, but you nearly doubled over at seeing Bendy trying to reach for the rat. 

'Hey, don't grab that! It could have diseases or something...' But Bendy didn't seem to care. He kept trying to reach the rodent with his large cartoony fingers. 

When the rat saw opportunity for escape it ran down and jumped out of the locker and between you two, making you shriek foolishly at the sight of the thing charging in your direction. It ran off somewhere down the sewer, and Bendy looked rather disappointed.

'Oh, uhm... it's okay, Bendy... I know you just wanted a pet or something...' You rub his back lovingly and gave him a sympathetic face. 'Look, we have an annoyin' puzzle ahead of us. Ya ready for it?' He stared up at you, excitement at the word "puzzle."

He was ready for anything if it meant helping you out.