Chapter 1 The Accident

𝑫𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵

*Fully edited if any mistakes are noticed please inform me!*

Also just wanted to say thank you for opening this book! I try to make it as error free as possible! I also randomly go in and reedit chapters. If you do enjoy this story, a vote, comment, and a follow would be great! ❤️

Please be warned that this book has vulgar language read with caution!!

With disgust, you turn to face him. Hatred is the unpleasant taste that won't go away. You slap your forehead. You were screaming so loud that your throat hurt. Even so, you persisted. "He wouldn't do that to me!" You took in the man's face. Your fists were tight. Tears filled your eyes. You sobbed, "He wouldn't betray me like that."

Heisenberg's statements were lies, and you knew that. Ethan wouldn't harm you like that, you knew that. Your close friend from childhood wouldn't think of betraying you. He cared for you as if you were family.

"I wouldn't be so sure." With the cigar between his lips, he grinned. With ease, you turned your head away from the man while allowing one tear to fall down your cheek.

Your ears echoed with the sound of a phone ringing. It was like a cold slap in the face. It was dark and the air was chilly. You call attention to the ringing. You saw a bush trembling. Following that, a figure got to its feet and left the area.

Looking at the figure, you squint your eyes. But by then, it had disappeared. Your lips begin to frown slightly. Exactly who was that? Were they just watching you? Why did they get up so nonchalantly?

You fumbled with your shirt. Most likely, it's just an animal. Let alone the fact that it is practically pitch black outside, you just woke up. All you had was your imagination. You grinned and immediately felt better.

You stood up and brushed off the dirt and snow that had accumulated on you.

You made your way over to the phone. You stepped over a figure on the ground. You picked up the phone from the floor. The phone shakes in your chilly hands. When you picked up the phone, a voice masked your response.

"About damn time! What's your status? Is the package safe?" An unfamiliar voice spoke. "What are you talking about? Where is Rose?" Slowly, memories began to return.

"Will you tuck Rose in, (Y/n)? I need to have a chat with Ethan." Mia casts a quick glance at Ethan, who has a smile on his face. As Mia slid Rose into your arms, you held your hands out.

You take your time climbing the stairs. avoiding any creaky stairs You were grateful. Mia and Ethan made it safely home. For a while, Mia was nowhere to be found. 

You put Rose in her crib, brushing her hair out of her face. You gave her a soft forehead kiss.

Ethan and Mia could be heard arguing. You couldn't make out what they were saying. But then there was a loud bang, and everything stopped. You made an effort to spit out the lump in your throat.

As you slowly turned around, you tensed. Rose began to sob. She sobbed uncontrollably, tears streaming from her eyes.

Rose... There was insufficient detail in that memory. You were still confused. Dazed. "Who is this? This is a secure channel; you are not authorized to use this–" You glanced at the phone as his voice abruptly ended. It died.

"Fuck!" You furiously threw the phone. You turned after hearing a moan from behind.

"Ethan!" You rushed over to him and cupped his face in your hands. He's just starting to open his eyes. He groaned, and you scanned his body for any marks. He appeared to be fine. You smiled. Your smile was returned by Ethan.