Chapter 18

Ethan's POV

I was asleep when I heard mumbling voices across the room. My eyes felt heavy, but it was hard to sleep even without all the voices coming from across the room. My whole upper chest from the surgery aftermath hurt. Any small movement felt like a burning sensation across my body and it hurt to even breath. I open my eyes to see where those mumbling voices were coming from. The people were blurry, but I could tell one of them was Cecilia. There was another person standing in front of her. She was whispering to them, but they both stopped suddenly. Cecilia turned her body towards me. She turned back around to say something to the other person before she walked towards me. The other person followed her behind her. 

"Hey, Ethan. How are you feeling?" Cecilia said. Her face became more clear when she got closer to me, but I still couldn't recognize the person behind her. She stood closely behind Cecilia so half of her face and body was covered. 

"I'm fine," I say with a grunt, trying to sit up. 

"Here, let me help you," Cecilia says. When she moves, I can see the person behind her now. 

"Hi Ethan."

I don't recognize her right away until I remembered her from the other day. Lucille's co-worker. 

"Hey. Amelia, right?" I say, as Cecilia is fixing the pillows behind me while she presses the bed control to raise it up. 

She nods with a pitiful smile. 

"I'm glad you remember me. Mike stepped outside for a bit, and wanted me to check in on you. Your team is aware of your accident have been notified. Your team manager is on his way. Is there anything I can do right now?"

Lucille. I just wanted to see her. 

"No... No, I'm good."

"Can I get you anything?"

Lucille.

"No, I'm okay. Really." 

"Okay, well, if there's anything, please don't hesitate to let me or Mike know. Sports Famous is fully aware of your situation, and we are here to help you as much as we can. We have cancelled all your photoshoots so far, so please don't worry and focus on resting and recovering."

I nod. 

"Can I ask a question?"

"Yes, of course."

"Lucille..."

As soon as I say her name, Cecilia turns towards me in surprise. Amelia's eyebrows raise too. 

"I thought she was handling my campaign with Sports Famous. Did you replace her?"

"No, she had some personal matters to attend to. She is still in charge of your interviews and planning your photoshoots, but I am here just to replace her temporarily."

"And where is she?"

Amelia looks taken back by my question. 

"I'll make sure to have her stop by as soon as she can."

"Thanks." 

With her a polite smile, she says, "I'll be heading out now. I will come back to visit you again," before she turns her back and walks out the door. I turn my attention back to Cecilia, and she smiles reassuringly. 

"When Lucille called me, I was so shocked and scared," Cecilia says as she puts her hands over my uninjured hand. "I was so scared I wouldn't get to see you again."

"Thank you... for being here," I say squeezing her hand back. 

"Of course. Afterall, that's what girlfriends are suppose to do, right?"