Chapter 7

Lucille's POV

I push Ethan away from me.

"You shouldn't have done that. I'm with Axel. I love Axel. That was a mistake."

I look at him with heartbreak. The tears flow down my face and I walk as quickly as possible to my apartment as possible with my injured ankle. I get inside and cry on the floor against the door. Why did he have to do that? Why can't I let him go?

Ethan's POV

I love Axel.

Her words ring in my head as I drive off. I would have stopped her before she walked away, but she said she loved him. The girl I love just said she loved someone else. She misses me, but she loves someone that isn't me. I didn't want to believe it. She doesn't love him. She's just with him. Of course she lied. She lied like I lied in high school about not loving her. I make an u-turn and speed back to her apartment. I park in an empty parking a lot crookedly, but I don't care. I get out and run to her apartment. I saw which apartment she went in so I knock on her door.

She opens the door pretty quickly. I could tell she cried and tried to wipe her tears away quickly. Her eyes reddened.

"I don't believe you," I say sternly.

"What?" she quietly breathes out.

"I don't believe you love him. Not like you love me. You don't love him, Lucille. Like you said you don't miss me. Like you act like you moved on. I don't believe you. You were never such a good liar." I say as fast as I can. I don't let her answer and smash my lips to hers. I wait for her to hit me to stop me like I thought she would, but she doesn't. She hesitates to kiss me back, but soon enough she does kiss me back and she wraps her hands around my neck. I shut the door with my leg and she jumps onto me wrapping her legs around my waist. I walk us over to her bedroom.

I caressed her cheeks that I missed so much. I pull off her shirt and bra as soon as we reach her bedroom. I scan her body. I take off my own shirt and softly push her to the bed mattress. She lays down on the mattress while I stand over her by the edge of the bed. I graze my lips over her skin inch by inch to make up for the year that I didn't have her. She arches her neck for me and I kiss from neck down to her belly top. I climb onto the bed and kneel each leg on the sides of her. I unbutton my jeans and pull off my boxers. I take off her pants too. We're both completely naked now. I hold my weight up with one hand while the back of my other hand rubs against her cheek. Her hands lay against my chest. She stares at me with her beautiful eyes that I had hoped everyday that I would get to look into again. I missed her like crazy.

"Will you let me love you?" I ask her. She doesn't say anything, but I get her response when she wraps her hand around my head and pulls me down to kiss her. Slowly, I enter in her. Her nails dig deep into my back, and it felt so good to be inside her. I could feel the warm, liquid dripping between our legs. I flip us over so that she is now on top. I let her rock me. Even in the dark with nothing, but the moonlight shining on her, she still looks stunning. Her messy hair, her hand on my chest, my hands on her waist, I missed this. I could never have it any other way. When we reach climax, she collapses her head on top of me. She rolls over a little and lays her head on my arms. I wrap my hands around her waist from behind and kiss her head.

"I guess I'm going to have to take responsibility if that ankle swells even more, don't I?" i jokingly mumble against Lucille's shoulder. She doesn't laugh. Suddenly, I feel something wet on my arms.

"Lucille...?" I lean over to look at her.

I see her lift her hand to wipe her tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, worriedly as I turn her over to look at me. She shakes her head and doesn't turn.