Chapter 5

Lucille's POV

I can't see the path in front of me, but I keep walking through the forest. I'm lost, but I could care less. I'm too angry at Ethan to care. I saw his true self now. I didn't want to think he changed too much, but now I know. I'm angry and hurt. This is why I wanted to forget about him and ignore him so that I wouldn't be hurt again. I just want to get as far away from Ethan as possible, even if that meant getting lost and attacked by a bear, I thought. There is crickets chirping and the sound of leaves crinkling. The wind is blowing and I keep hearing inhumane sounds. I'm scared now. No, you'll be fine, Luce. You're not gonna die. I repeat to myself.  It's getting darker, and there is no sign of light besides the moon and stars above. I rub my hands against my arms to give myself some warmth. It got colder by the second. All I wore was a light cardigan. I was going to go change after I used the bathroom, but Ethan made me angry and here I am. Lost in the forest by myself. I'm not scared. I'm not scared. I'll find the campground soon enough. Just keep walking, Lucille! I got more scared with every step. Suddenly, plop!

I trip on a branch on the ground. My feet twists a bit before I completely land face flat against the wet leaves. I push my self up with my hands to get up. I sit up and try to stand, but there is a painful feeling that makes me sit back down on the ground. I try to get up again, but the same pain rises. I could feel my ankle start to swell. Did I just twist my ankle? 

Now, I'm really scared. I don't know where I am in the forest and I have a twisted ankle. 

"This is just perfect..." I say sarcastically, but I could feel tears rolling down my face. I don't want to be a crybaby, but I didn't know what to do. I didn't bring my cellphone and no one knows where I am. I don't even know where I am. Only Ethan saw me walk away, but will he even come? A part of me wish he didn't, but a part of me is so scared I didn't care anymore. If he came, I wouldn't be mad anymore. I try to hold in my tears, but I could feel them dropping one by one. With each tear, my face is stained with wetness. 

"Someone please.. please help me!" I cried out. 

Ethan's POV

"Where the hell are you going?" I shout to Lucille as she walks away from, but she ignores me just like every time. 

"Lucille!" 

I try again. Still no answer. Her outline soon starts to disappear. I look back to the camp ground where everyone is enjoying themselves. Lucille is walking in the opposite direction. The sun had already set, so it is dark outside already. She probably didn't even know where is going.  Follow her and make her even more angry? Or stay put and let her find her way back so she can ignore me again? Either way, she'll probably never talk to me again. 

I'm a jerk. I shouldn't have said any of what I said to Lucille. It came out of frustration. I miss her like crazy, but all she wants to do is ignore me. It's worse that I don't even know the reason for it. No matter how hard I try to think about it, nothing comes up. We pretend like everything in the past didn't exist. We act like this is our first time meeting. She pretends like I don't exist while she is happy with Axel...

I admit I'm jealous of Axel. I'm jealous that he gets to hold her so close. I used to do that...I just wanted to do that again. When I saw her and Axel by the lake hugging, I wanted to pull him off her and tell him to never touch her again. But then, I realized she wasn't mine anymore. Without a reason and within a second, I lost her. Just thinking about it makes me so mad, despite that it is my own fault. I shouldn't have said such disgusting words to her. She ran away into a forest she doesn't even know because of me. I look back to the camp fire where everyone is enjoying the food and conversations. I debated whether I should bring someone along, but it is my fault she ran away into the forest. I need to follow and find her on my own.