Chapter 12

Lucille's POV

I avoided Ethan for the past two weeks. I made sure we never crossed paths. He was still the model and ambassador for Sports Famous magazine so it was hard, but I made sure it happened. If I saw him in the hallway, I turned the other corner. If I saw him in the room, I walked out. If we ever made eye contact, I made sure to look away as fast as possible. I promised myself to be done with him, and I was going to keep that promise to myself. Seeing Bianca with him was the breaking point for me, and from there, I knew there was no way what I saw a year ago could be wrong. He and Bianca slept together that night. He cheated on me. It hurt me to say and think about, but it was true. He would continue to ruin my life and I would continue to hurt myself with him in my life. This was better because if not this route, I would lose Axel. I would lose everything from this past year. I couldn't let him do that to me. 

Tonight was the release party of the new magazine for Sports Famous. The magazine company hosts one every few times for the release of a new magazine cover and model. I know Ethan is going to be there, but I wasn't worried. Tonight, I made sure I was going to enjoy myself with Axel. I would not let him create problems for me again. 

Ethan's POV

"Are you ready, Ethan?" Cecilia asked as she walks up behind me and stares at me from the mirror. I'm standing in front of the bathroom sink and looking at the mirror while I fix my tie. 

"Yea, I just need to fix my tie."

"Here, let me help you," she says as she reaches for my tie. She takes it from me and begins to fix it. I turn towards her so she gets a better angle to fix the tie. 

"So, Lucille and Axel are going to be there tonight too, right?"

Her question surprises me, but I don't express it. 

"I don't know. Maybe," I say, pretending to not know, but I knew they would be. Lucille, at least would be there, which was all that mattered. This event was her event anyways. She's been the one planning it, so it would make sense that she would be there. I had the option to not attend, but I knew I had to be there. One because I was the model for their cover. Two because I knew how hard Lucille worked, and I wanted to be there to witness it despite her trying to avoid me. 

I haven't talked to Lucille in two weeks. She avoided me in the halls and in every room. Normally, I would run after her, but I didn't. I let her avoid me. I thought it would be best that I keep my personal matters away from my work matters. At least for these next two weeks. I knew she was working hard for this magazine, so I didn't want to ruin it for her. She didn't want anything to do with me, but I still wanted to do everything to make her happy. 

"Well... they are. I talked to Axel," Cecilia responded. 

I looked at her and pulled the tie back to fix. I faced the mirror again. 

"Really?" I said, nonchalantly.

"Ethan..."

"Hmm?"

"Look at me."

I look at her quickly before I go back to fix my tie.

"Axel told me about what happened two weeks ago."

I pause for a split second and start fixing my tie again.

"And what happened?"

"You went to Lucille's apartment and the two of you almost got into a fight?" she questioned. 

I don't respond. 

"What was that about?" she continues to question. 

"It was nothing. I just had to talk to her about some work-related things."