Chapter 11

"Lucille, hold up!" Ethan shouts behind me. I continue walking. 

Ethan grabs me by the elbow to stop me. 

"What's wrong? Why are you leaving?" he continues with his grip tight on my arm. I try to pull away from his grip, but it does not work. I use my other hand to prick his hands off. 

"Let go..." I say calmly. 

His expression softens. He slowly softens his grip and releases his hold. 

"What just happened? You were hugging me and now you're running away?" he says with frustration. 

"What happened?! I keep falling into your traps, Ethan! That's what happened."

"What are you talking about?"

"You wanted this, didn't you? You probably told the girl outside to give me a shirt to give to you and then you'd see how vulnerable I was. Comfort me and wait for Bianca's entrance to slap me right back in the face. Well, gee thanks, Ethan. I really needed it."

"Can you stop for a second to make some God-damn-sense?"

"Make sense? No, I'm done. I come to you crying because I just fought with my freaking mother over your ass, but no, let's have a game with Lucille, and play with her and bring Bianca."

"What? You fought with your mom over me? Wait, slow down. How do you even know Bianca?"

"It doesn't matter. We're done. I'm done. I'm not going to have you keep butting into my life like this," I say with deep frustration and anger. I take a step further back. 

"Ethan Collins, it's time for your shoot!" a voice shouts out from behind me. 

"Lucille."

"Go, they're calling you, Mr. Collins," I say his name like he was a stranger to me now. 

He shakes his head. 

"No, I'm not leaving until we talk. I'm not going to let you keep running off!"

He steps closer to me. 

"No, I'm done. Don't come near me." 

I give one more glance at his puzzled face. I brush past his arms and walk away. 

I head over to Axel's apartment after leaving Ethan. I stand outside his door staring at the brown uneven color. I hesitate to knock on the door at first, but then I quickly wipe my tears and bring my first to knock on the door. Axel finally opens the door after a moment. He had on a grey v-neck and a pair of ripped jeans. His face curves into one of distraught when he sees my face. 

"Luce, what's wrong?" he asks as his eyebrows bend. 

I don't say anything, but wrap my arms around his waist with my head laid on his chest. 

His hands pick up to wrap around my small figure as he soothes my back. I wrap my arms tighter as I hug him. I didn't him want him to see my face that was guilty of too many things. This, was one of them. 

He pulls me back and kisses my forehead. He pulls me inside into his apartment. 

"Are you okay?"

I nod. I tell him about my fight with my mother, but that was all. I couldn't tell him the rest. He would be hurt to know that I ran to Ethan before him. Of course, he would. 

I end up sleeping over at Axel's place instead of going back to my own apartment.

"Lucille, your mom's calling you, do you want to pick up?" Axel says to me. I'm curled up on his black futon with a pillow behind my head against the arm of the futon. I pull the tiny blue blanket closer to me.