twentynine

"Thank you for the great time today Mason, I really appreciate it. I had a great birthday thanks to you." Julia said to her friend as soon as he parked his car in front of his house.
"Of course. That's what friends do. Is anything wrong? You seem troubled."
"I'm just a little sad, you know?"
"You're missing Phil right?" Mason guessed.
"Yeah." Julia chuckled, kind of feeling embarrassed for her feelings.
"That's normal Jules, you'll see each other soon." He tried to boost up her mood. They got out of the car.
"Oh I think we left the light on in the living room." Julia said inspecting the house from outside.
"Really? My electricity bill will explode." Mason laughed, acting along.
"Not like you couldn't effort it."
He opened the door, they went inside and took off their jackets and shoes. As Julia got into the living room, everyone who was hiding jumped out and surprised her. At first, the brunette couldn't believe what she was seeing. She couldn't even say a word because she was so shocked.
"Happy birthday my love." Phil was the first one to hug her, Jules clasped her arms around him quickly. Finally she saw him again. Finally she smelled his heavenly scent again. Julia still carried around his perfume everywhere she goes.
"You idiot made me believe that you wouldn't come." She mumbled, still hugging him.
"I'm sorry, it was so hard to lie to you." Phil slightly released from her hug.
"There are still some other people here who want to congratulate you."
Smiling like a little kid, Julia greeted everyone and thanked them for coming.
"You got here from Germany just for this?" Jules asked Jude stunned.
"What can I say? I'm such a good friend, you see?"
"You are! Thank you for taking such a long trip on you."
"Who planed all this?" The girl asked, looking at all the little snacks displayed on the kitchen isle, all the drinks in the fridge and several presents on a table.
"Phil got the idea and then we all made it happen." Jack answered her.
"Thank you guys, I couldn't be happier right now!"
"Don't think that this is everything." Jesse winked, making Julia curiously. What else could there be?
Jude was in charge of the music, starting to play his playlist. Some were getting themselves some drinks, others were talking to each other or ate some of the finger food. Julia was talking with Trent and Raheem as the doorbell rang. She looked at her two friends confused. Mason was going to get it and seconds after that, the whole Chelsea team was there, congratulating their new Instagram Manager. They even brought Joey with them.
The doorbell rang again, indicating that they're even more people coming. Mason was opening the door again, but this time Phil went with him. They let everybody in, greeting Julia's old friends. Of course her friends knew who Mason and Phil are.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" Mason asked the last person who was entering with a serious voice.