TWO

Wanda scans her card across the scanner on the left side of the door which makes them automatically swing open. They reveal a rather long hall lined with white doors, each door having a glass window in order to see the patients. It appears that there's over a dozen doors though you know most of them are likely empty. When you took the job you weren't informed of just how many patients you'd have- just that they're all a bit more dangerous than others. In all honesty, the fact they're considered high level is why you took the job. You've always had more of an interest in the deadly types, finding the way their minds work far more fascinating than the minds of a 'normal' person.

Wanda leads you up to a door on the left side of the hall, the number 4 printed on it in black paint. "This patient is one of our more docile ones. He behaves quite well and can be pretty friendly if he likes you. However, he doesn't talk and he refuses to take off his mask- a lot of them do. We allow them to keep them on as it provides them comfort and keeps them from lashing out though a few have obviously been given different ones as their previous ones were not made from the best materials. Once we enter the room don't move too close and never take your eyes off of him. He may be docile but that can always change."

She nods her head towards the door, allowing the guard to go in first after unlocking it. Once he's inside she moves forward, addressing the male in the room. "Jason, I've brought someone to meet you. Ms. (L/N) here will be your new primary caretaker."

You enter the room to stand next to her as you look towards the man. He's sitting at a table in the middle of the room, scribbling on a piece of paper with some crayons. He noticeably perks up at Wanda's words, looking towards you as he stands up. The hockey mask on his face confirms exactly who he is- Jason Voorhees. However, instead of his usual dirty and torn clothes he's wearing a simple black shirt with dark green sweats.

"Hello Jason." You give him a friendly smile, trying to portray yourself as unthreatening. "It's very nice to meet you."

Jason seems to hesitate as he lifts his hands, his eyes glancing from you to Wanda. The head nurse understands his questioning gaze right away as she turns to address you. "I forgot to ask if you know sign language at all. Since he's incapable of speaking he's taken up ASL as his preferred way to communicate."

"Yes, I'd like to think I'm well versed in ASL. I studied it back in university."

Your confirmation of knowing the language seems to excite Jason as his eyes light up, his hands moving quickly to sign to you. 'It's very nice to meet you!'

'I'm glad. How are you doing today?'

'Good! I like talking to you. You're very nice.'

"I'm afraid I'll have to cut your conversation short. I still have to introduce Ms. (L/N) to the rest of her patients." Jason practically deflates, likely pouting that his new friend has to leave so soon. "Don't worry, Jason. You'll be seeing her every day from now on."

You say your goodbyes before moving on to the next room, this one being directly across the hall. The number 3 is painted on it, showing that the numbers probably switch off on each side rather than just going straight down. Wanda seems to hesitate outside this door, glancing towards the guard. He gives her a firm nod before murmuring quietly into the radio hooked to his shoulder. Only a few moments pass before a handful of guards come through the same doors from before, all of them heading to the door right in front of you.

"I probably should've had them waiting here beforehand but it slipped my mind. They're usually only here whenever it's time for him to come out or whenever one of us needs to go in." You nod in understanding, knowing that whoever is behind the door is likely more prone to attacking than Jason is. Without another word to you she motions for the guards to enter the room, each of them filing in quickly as they hold their shock batons at the ready. She's goes in after them with you quickly following. "Michael, you have a visitor."

Just like Jason, the man is sitting at the table in the center of the room. On the table appears to be an assortment of handmade masks, one of which he's currently painting. Also just like Jason, he's sporting his usual mask along with a black shirt and grey sweats. He pays no mind to any of you, focused entirely on his craft. You want to step forward and interact with him but you know it'll likely be met with negativity- either from him or the guards. Instead, you simply look around the room, admiring the many masks lining the walls.

"I like your masks. You must be very passionate about them to create so many of them. You're very talented." Michael pauses for just a second before continuing to paint. That small moment was enough to confirm that he was at least listening. "I look forward to seeing more of them while I'm here. It was very nice to meet you."

Michael finally glances over at you, staring at you through the eyes of his infamous mask. Slowly, he tilts his head down, either returning the sentiment or something else. You smile brightly, feeling proud that you managed to get him to acknowledge you. He keeps his eyes trained on you as you leave the room, only looking back to his mask once the door blocks his view.

"That went surprisingly well." Wanda muses, a bit stunned. Usually anyone who bothers Michael is met with violence yet he was almost kind to you. Never once has anyone here been acknowledged in a way other than him attempting to kill them. Hopefully the others react to you the same way- acceptance and kindness. It would make her job much easier. "Anyways, our next patient is a bit of a sensitive case. He can be quite timid in nature but he's also quite dangerous if provoked in any way. He often switches over to his other personality Norma when she feels he's unsafe. Norma is his deceased mother and he often hears her speaking to him. You'll be able to tell if you're talking to the real him based off of his speech patterns."

The guard steps forward, swiping his card as the door whirs mechanically as the locks shift. Once again you're the last to enter the room, the door being closed behind you. This time the patient is standing next to his bed, looking quite nervous as he stares down at the ground. "Norman, I'd like you to meet Ms. (L/N). She's your new caretaker."

"Hello Norman." You greet the timid looking male, giving him a soft smile despite him not looking at you. "It's nice to meet you."

He finally looks up, his gaze meeting yours for a brief moment. "I-it's nice to m-meet you too!" He stutters over his words, showing the speech pattern Wanda had previously mentioned.

"I look forward to getting to know you in the upcoming days."

"A-are you really g-going to stay?" Norman chews his bottom lip, likely scared to hear your answer.

"I plan to stay as long as I can." He seems to relax a bit at your words, flashing you a shaky smile.

Wanda decides to cut the meeting short after that, wanting to keep moving. You still have quite a few people to meet, after all. So, with a polite farewell you're exiting Norman's room and heading to the next one.