THREE

The next room is a diagonal from Normans. Wanda stops outside the door, the guards waiting for her signal to open it. Turning to you, she gives a bit of a strained smile. "This is one of the split rooms for patients who have separation problems. It's just like the other rooms but instead of a wall between the two it's a bullet proof glass window. It allows them to see each other without the danger of them sharing a room."

"Are there other patients in similar rooms?" You tilt your head curiously.

"Yes. Right now we have two pairs with separation problems. The ones we're getting ready to meet are the Sinclair brothers. Bo can be quite brash, always cursing and spewing insults, but he cares deeply for Vincent and is incredibly protective of him despite the way he treats him sometimes. Because of this, we're going into Vincent's side. If you can manage to get on his good side there's a better chance of Bo liking you too."

With that the guard opens the door, allowing both you and Wanda to enter. Inside the room is a rather large male with long dark hair, his knees pulled up to his chest with his face hidden behind them. He sits on his bed which is pressed against the glass which allows you to see into his brothers room. Bo can be seen glaring at you through the glass, him sitting on his own bed which is pressed up against where his brothers is.

Vincent doesn't acknowledge your entrance, keeping his head down. You can tell he's probably a bit shy from how closed in on himself he is so you keep your distance, choosing to wait for Wanda to speak first. The older woman steps forward, clearing her throat slightly in attempts to get his attention. "Vincent, I want you to meet your new nurse. I think she'd be quite happy if you'd be nice enough to greet her."

After a few moments of him not moving you speak up. "Hello Vincent. My name is (Y/N) (L/N), but just (Y/N) is fine. It's very nice to meet you."

"You guys are wasting your time. Vinny here doesn't like outsiders." Bo's voice is muffled through the glass as he speaks.

Your gaze barely flickers over to him before returning to Vincent. "That's perfectly fine. I'm sure with time he'll come around."

Bo scoffs at your words, rolling his eyes. "Hear that Vinny? New girl thinks she's gonna last long enough to get close to us."

"That's the plan." You fully turn your attention towards Bo, giving him a calm smile. "I assure you that the only way I'm leaving this job is if I'm forced to against my will."

Bo narrows his eyes, not believing your words at all. Movement in the corner of your eye pulls your attention towards Vincent, finding him looking up just enough to reveal the eyes of his mask- only one having an actual eye behind it. Your smile brightens upon making eye contact with him, glad that he was at least willing to look up. He watches you for a moment before hiding away once again.

"I'm sure you will all have plenty of chances to get to know each other better but for now we need to move onto the next patient." Wanda gently sets a hand on your arm as she begins to lead you out of the room. You quickly say goodbye to both of them, surprisingly earning a very tiny wave from Vincent and yet another scoff from Bo. After that you're led to the next room which is right next door. "This is the other set of patients with separation problems. Much like Bo is with Vincent, Thomas is very protective of Bubba. However, unlike the other two it's better to meet him first. He'll see you as a threat to his brother if you go into his room even if you're not doing anything."

"I think it's sweet that they're looking out for their brothers."

"It's sweet until they get violent." Wanda's glare is stern as she looks at you. She likely doesn't find anything about them sweet or positive just because of who they are. You choose against saying anything, knowing you'll likely piss her off with your opinions. The last thing you need is to make your boss hate you on your first day. So, you push your growing irritation away and put on a smile, ready to meet the next patient.

Once again it's a situation where more than one guard has to enter the room. Upon walking in yourself, you can see why. Thomas is quite large, standing over six feet tall and is obviously very strong. He looks to be about the same size as Jason which is certainly intimidating. The only reason you weren't intimidated by Jason is because you knew beforehand that he's pretty docile and sweet. Thomas, on the other hand, is instantly glaring right at you.

You stiffen under his gaze, your smile wavering slightly. Seeing him standing on the far side of the room fills you with nerves, knowing that if he wanted to he could charge right at you regardless of the guards. You try your best to keep your gaze glued to him despite wanting to look at his brother Bubba on the other side of the glass. Thomas likely wouldn't react very nicely if you acknowledged his brother over him.

Wanda stands to your left, shifting a bit on her feet from the nerves. "Good afternoon Thomas. This is your new nurse, Ms. (L/N). I hope you can help make her feel welcomed here."

You open your mouth to greet him but pause when there's a light tapping against the glass. Hesitant, you drag your gaze towards the glass where Bubba is standing, looking extremely nervous and scared as he signs towards his brother. You follow the motions of his hands, snooping on the conversation. Your face flushes a bit when Bubba says that you are 'pretty and seem nice'.

Thomas grunts at his words, seemingly disagreeing. The two continue on for some time before Wanda decides you should move on. You pause before exiting, turning towards Bubba to sign to him. 'Thank you Bubba. It was nice meeting you both.'

As you leave you can hear his squeals, either excited you know ASL or embarrassed because you understood him earlier. Maybe a mix of both. It's quite cute regardless. He seems like a sweetheart and you can see why Thomas would want to protect him.

"Well, we only have three more left." Wanda sighs, ready to get this all over with. "Let's get to it."