EIGHT

After lunch is outdoor time with Norman. You wait at the doors that lead to the outdoor area for the guards to bring Norman. It's a nice day outside and you're sure that he'll enjoy the hour of time he gets out there with you. You know you would if you were stuck inside all the time confined to one room more often than not.

You perk up slightly when you finally spot Norman and the guards escorting coming down the hall. He gives you a sheepish and shy smile as he approaches, obviously a bit nervous about spending an entire hour alone with you- well, as alone as allowed.

"Hello Norman!" You move towards him, looping your arm with his as the guards move to walk behind you both.

"H-hello (Y/N)." He stutters nervously, a light blush on his face as he walks alongside you as you lead him outside. The both of you step out into the sunlight, the warmth feeling nice compared to the rather stuffy building. Norman seems to relax just a tiny bit though you can tell he's still slightly anxious.

"Have you been having a good day?" You question him, mostly just wanting to try and get him to open up a bit. While a peaceful quiet walk sounds nice, you want to get to know him better especially since you'll be seeing him every day from now on.

He glances at you before looking away, observing some butterflies fluttering about. "Very good, so far. H-how has your day been?"

"Quite lovely." You smile up at him, making his cheeks flush in a light blush as he slightly stiffens up. He hadn't even realized he had turned to look at you again in the first place. "It's been a lot of fun spending time with everyone."

"E-even me?" He seems a bit embarrassed to even be asking the question but there's a hint of hope in his eyes. It's quite easy to tell that the poor guy is insecure in himself. He likely hasn't had very many people to help him build his confidence.

"Of course, Norman! I love walking around outdoors especially when the weather is nice. Your company just makes the experience even better." You give his arm a gentle squeeze in reassurance which makes him relax the slightest bit.

"I'm e-enjoying our time t-together, too." He gives you a small smile as he manages to hold eye contact for a few seconds before he inevitably looks away, his shyness taking over his few moments of bravery.

The rest of the walk goes by rather quickly, the two of you only speaking on occasion. Norman takes the time to get to know you better, stuttering out questions like your favorite flowers and what your hobbies are. He's still a bit nervous around you by the time the hour is up, but he's managed to open up at least a little bit. Hopefully with time he opens up more.

You bid your temporary farewells with him at the end of the hour, heading back inside to watch the guards escort him back to his room before they bring the next two out. You're infinitely more nervous than you were with Norman as you watch a group of three guards escort both Thomas and Bubba down the hallway towards you.

Thomas, of course, stares at you with what you can only assume to be distrust and possibly hatred as he approaches. Bubba seems almost as nervous as you, awkwardly fiddling with his hands as his gaze flickers between you, Thomas and the floor. This hour with them can go either of two ways and you can only hope that things go well.

"Good morning, Thomas." You greet the glaring male first, knowing he likely wont like you talking to Bubba before him. "Good morning Bubba." Unsurprisingly, Thomas says nothing in return while Bubba signs the greeting. Knowing that's likely the extent of the conversation, you open the door and lead the both of them outside with the guards following.

Thomas ignores you as he walks past you, Bubba glancing at you one last time before following after him. As much as you want to spend time with them and get to know them, you know that Thomas would prefer if you stayed away from them. It makes you a bit sad but you understand that he's protective over Bubba and untrusting towards strangers.