THIRTY-FIVE

You managed to successfully avoid Norman the rest of the day though it was obvious the poor boy didn't understand why. You felt bad, but you also didn't want to risk meeting Norma again after the whole situation outside. Instead, you focused on the others, sitting with Danny and Brahms at dinner with Thomas and Bubba joining.

You're quite thankful that each patient only gets one day a week for their free time outside of their rooms as that means you can gather yourself a bit more before you next have to spend time with Norman. Hopefully when you see him again things are better and Norma doesn't feel the need to come out again.

On the bright side, today is the first day that you get to spend activity time with Michael outside of his room. His punishment was lifted during your leave of absence so he's been spending his time making masks in the activity room or just standing outside staring at nothing.

Today is his outdoor day so you're waiting at the door for him just as you did the day before for Norman. You must admit you're a bit nervous since there's a small chance that he'll be upset just like Norma was. You're also nervous that the guards will pay little to no attention to the two of you like they did before.

Michael has never given you reason to fear him before yet you can't help the slight doubts creeping through your mind. He's a killer, after all. There is always that chance of him or one of the others snapping and taking it out on you. You don't truly think any of them would but Norma has you second guessing everything now.

Pushing the thoughts away, you smile softly as you watch the guards escort Michael. Since he's a lot more dangerous than Norman, the guards already have their shock batons out and ready. Part of you thinks they want a reason to shock him as it gives them power over him. A lot of the guards seem to like being able to take down the killers with a simple jab of their baton. It makes you sick knowing they find joy in it considering they're supposed to be better than the patients.

"Good morning, Michael." You greet him as he gets closer.

He doesn't seem to acknowledge you so you turn away and open the door allowing him and the guards to go through first before following after. Just like the previous day the guards stay by the door, already chatting with each other instead of properly doing their job. You scowl at them slightly before turning away, your soft smile back on your face to cover your distaste.

Michael is gone from your view which makes you panic slightly. Instead of calling out for him and causing panic, you settle for looking for him yourself. If the guards notice he disappeared he'd likely get in trouble and get his free time taken away once again. That's not something you want to happen. As much as you love making masks with him, it can be a bit repetitive.

Turning the same corner that led to where Norma cornered you the day before you fail to see Michael. Sighing, you look around the area as your worry begins to grow. The entire yard is surrounded by fencing so there's no way he escaped, right? Well, he could've but it likely would've caused noise.

The idea is dismissed the second you feel hands gripping your hips from behind you. Stiffening up, your breath catches in your throat as you half expect him to throw you to the ground or against the wall. Instead, he nuzzles his masked face into your neck, the odd feeling sendings chills through your body.

"Missed you..." His deep voice comes out rather quiet and muffled but you hear him perfectly. His voice paired with what he said makes your heart skip a beat. This is the first time you've heard him speak. According to his file, he hasn't spoken since he killed the nurse back at Smith's Grove when he was a child.

Knowing that his first spoken words in so long are to you makes you feel indescribable.

"I missed you too, Michael." The smile on your face is genuine as you turn around in his grasp, making him lean back slightly. Reaching up, you gently cup his cheek, wishing you could see and touch his real face rather than his mask. Perhaps he'll allow it eventually but for now you're proud he stepped out of his comfort zone enough to speak to you and touch you.

Unable to help yourself, you slide your hand from his cheek to his neck as you wrap your arms around him, hugging him tightly. His hands remain on your hips, unable to move any further due to the chains keeping his hands bound to his waist. Part of him wishes he could hold you just as you're holding him but the other part is scared to go that far. It took a lot of courage for him to even touch you in the first place.

"I'm sorry I was gone for so long." Your whispered words make his grip on you tighten slightly.

He knows it's not your fault so he's unsure why you're apologizing. If anything, he should hunt down the bastard that hurt you and make him pay for it in the most brutal way possible. You would've never left his side if it wasn't for Freddy attacking you. And you would've returned sooner if he hadn't of attacked you again.

Hearing Hannibal speak of your injuries filled him with a burning rage that he could barely contain. Imagining you in such a weak and bloody state upset him greatly. As a killer, he's used to blood and gore. But you being the victim to such things? Unacceptable. He'd rather give up his own life than to ever have you in such a horrible condition ever again.

You're his obsession, and he refuses to let anyone take you from him ever again.