Prologue

AN: Hi! English is not my first language, so if you see anything wrong, please let me know :)

The path to Never More was torture for Wednesday and Mors.

—  Still not talking to us? —  Morticia spoke to her daughters.

— N-

— Lurch, can you remind my parents that I'm not talking to them? —   Wednesday said, interrupting her sister.

— I promise, my darlings, you will love Nevermore. — Gomez smiled excitedly.

Mors just sighed and looked out the car window.

— Isn't it, Tish?

— Yes, of course, it's the perfect school.

— Why? Because it was perfect for you? I have no interest in following in your footsteps. Be captain of the fencing team, queen of Raven'N Dance or president of the Nightshade society.

—  Perhaps Mors would, dear? — the girl's parents looked at her hopefully and she looked away from the gray sky.

— I'm not as hateful as Wednesday, but I don't even know why I'm going to Never More. I've done nothing.

And it was true. She was almost a normal girl in the eyes of society and even in the eyes of her family, and she felt excluded from a family like hers. The glaring difference between her and the others, but mostly her twin sister, bothered her a little, however, she tried to deny it to herself.

Wednesday and Mors shared similar traits, the allergy to colors and some liking for reading, but they were like oil and water when placed next to each other. While Wednesday had her hair as dark as night in two braids, Mors's white hair was worn loose and tucked behind her ears.

Her white nails matched her sister's black nails. One of the few things they had in common was their pale skin and morbid appearance. Deep down, Mors just wanted to stop being compared to her sister and any excuse she found to be different from her, she took for herself.

—  But now you're finally going to be friends with people who will understand you.

—  The thing is, I get along with my friends at school.

— Who knows, maybe even Wednesday will make some friends?

—  Nevermore is a magical place. —  Gomez spoke again. —  That's where I met your mother and we fell in love.

Wednesday and Mors had an expression of disgust on their faces. As much as they appreciated their parents' love, it was strange to see them clinging all the time.

When they arrived at the school, they went straight to the principal's office and Mors looked around, thinking maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

— Mors is a singular name. —  the blonde said.

—  It's death in Latin. —  Morticia spoke proudly.

—  You've always had a unique view of the world, Morticia. —  the older one spoke again.

— Did your mother tell you that we were roommates here?

—  And you still with your sanity? Impressive. —   Wednesday said.

— You have an interesting academic background. Eight schools in five years.

—  They still haven't built a school to hold my sister. — Mors spoke up.

— And I bet it won't be any different here.

—  What our daughter is saying is that she appreciates the opportunity.