Fire wil rain

— My little rain clouds. — Gomez said and looked at Thing.

Mors sat across from her father, who was in prison.

— How is your mother?

— Devastated. — she hates you in orange. — Wednesday spoke next to her sister. — I saw her putting a rose on a grave today. The tombstone was for Garrett Gates and you were arrested for killing him. Do you want to explain?

— Garrett was in love with your mother. He confused kindness with interest. Passion became obsession. He started chasing her.

— Why didn't you call the police? — Mors asked.

— We tried. But Garrett's family was one of the oldest and wealthiest in Jericho. The climax was on the night of the Raven party. Your mother and I went out and I saw him calling me. His eyes were hungry, blind with rage. My life flashed before my eyes as he came at me with a sword. We fought and your mother tried to intervene, without success. When he dropped the sword, my survival instinct kicked in and I hit him. It was a terrible accident.

"He's lying" Wednesday said to her sister.

"He's smoothing his mustache, winking. He's definitely lying."

— Thanks for your honesty.

— Sorry girls, I wish I'd been a better dad.

— How many parents give their daughters a fencing sword at age five?

— Your saber strikes were perfection tests!

— Or teach them to swim with sharks? What I mean is that you taught us to be independent and deal with a world full of betrayals. As for your parenting duties, I'd say it was more than adequate.

— Thanks, Wednesday. — Gomez said excitedly.

— We'll get you out of there, Dad. — Mors put her hand on the glass and Gomez did the same.

— Where are you going? — the girl in white asked when they left the prison.

— Don't worry. I'll be right back. — Wednesday said before leaving.

Mors sighed and walked back to the school, heading straight for Belladona's library.

— Mom. — she called.

— Hi honey, so you're a Belladonna. — she turned and Mors finished down the stairs.

— In fact, Wednesday and I rejected the invitation.

— Why? Because of my legacy?

— They're just a social group now. I think the main objective is to party. — she rolled her eyes.

— The group was much more than that. It started with an ancestor of your father from Mexico.

— Goody. — Morticia arched an eyebrow. — We saw her in a painting in the Pilgrims.

— How ironic, since she was the one who killed Joseph Crackstone. Belladonnas were her secret but fatal answer to his oppression. I know why you came here, so just ask.

— Dad didn't kill Garrett Gates, did he?

— No. — she sighed. — When I went up the stairs, I saw your father fighting for his life. It was terrifying. I yelled for Garret to stop and he didn't listen. I'll never forget how he looked at me. He was foaming at the mouth. He was very angry. When he came towards me, I grabbed the sword and killed him. I was so desperate that I barely left the place, it was only when I heard a scream that I realized what I had done. Your father was so calm and brave. He took the sword, told me to go away and put the sword away. He decided to take the blame to protect me. — the woman cried. — I was so relieved when he was declared innocent. But I knew it would come back to haunt us.