The truth

As much as Mors didn't want to admit it, she had a nice time with Tyler. The two watched Pride and Prejudice together and ate popcorn until Tyler's father interrupted the moment looking for a suspect. Mors knew the suspect was her uncle. When she got back to school, she noticed that Wednesday wasn't there.

"Thing was attacked!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Come to Uncle Fester's hideout."

Mors didn't even bother to finish the walk to school and ran to find her sister. When she opened the door, she saw Thing on the table surrounded by blood, but with new stitches on the palm and back.

— He was stabbed from behind.

— It's fine now, but it gave us a fright. — Fester continued.

Mors sighed in relief and approached Thing, who was still a little weak. The girl stroked the top of her hand and bent down to table level.

— That will not remain like this. — she spoke to the hand and got up. — Whoever did this will pay.

There were rare moments when Wednesday saw her sister hating something, but Thing was very important to her, and Wednesday knew that Mors with genuine hatred was worse than herself.

— How did it go with Tyler?

— Surprisingly pleasant.

— Did you find anything out? — Mors denied it.

— Nothing too compromising. But the sheriff found your bike, Uncle. You need to leave tomorrow morning.

— Where is Wednesday?

— Psychologist Kinbott was murdered. She went to Xavier's studio.

— Today? — Mors asked in shock. — What is she doing after Xavier?

Enid was afraid. — She's sure it was him.

Mors huffed and grabbed a coat before heading to the boy's study. When she arrived, her sister was already talking to him.

— Great, did you also come here to accuse me of being a murderer who stabbed Thing? — Thorpe glared at her.

— Wednesday, what do you think you're doing?

— That's enough waiting, Mors. He is the killer.

— Of course, I'm the killer in your story. — Xavier said with the knife that Wednesday accused him of having pierced Thing. — My dad thinks my mental health is an issue he has to manage. He wanted to keep his troubled son out of the tabloids, hence the sessions. I didn't go to your room, believe it or not. I don't care.

— Your painting is much better. — Wednesday approached one of the paintings. — I liked this one. —she pulled the cloth away and Kinbott's scratched face appeared. — It looks very real to me.

— I dreamed about it. I went to alert her.

— What's Rowan's inhaler doing here? —the boy frowned. — Or Eugene's glasses. Or the pictures he took of me and Mors? Kinbott's necklace.

— Someone put that in there! —he glared at Mors. — I didn't do any of that, I'm not the murderer, Mors! —the girl stared at him in shock.

— Stop! —the door flung open and the sheriff walked in with his team. — Drop the knife, on your knees!

Xavier knelt down with his hands on his head and Mors couldn't describe what she felt.

— No, he's not guilty. — Mors shook his head. — Let him! — she tried to pull Xavier away from the police, but Wednesday pulled her back.