Teenage clowns

The next day, Wednesday was ready to put her plan into action. She took her sister and her friend to the Bee-keeper club in an attempt to cover up her going into the forest.

— This is Eugene. — Wednesday introduced the boy to Enid and Mors. — Stay here and look grim. — she murmured to Enid and turned to the boy.

— If anything happens you can scream. — Mors smiled before leaving with her sister. — I still don't think that's a good idea.

The two walked through the forest.

— Thing said you hurt his feelings. You were too hard on him, Wednesday. It wasn't his fault he lost Rowan.

— We've already talked, it's okay.

— What the— Mors tugged on her sister's arm as someone clamped down on her mouth and pulled her back.

Wednesday realized it was Tyler and hid with the two when she saw the sheriff walk by with a dog.

— Are you crazy? — Mors asked, pulling away from the boy.

— Sorry, I didn't want Elvis to smell you guys.

— Thanks. — Mors said.

— How did you confuse them? — Wednesday asked.

— Coffee beans. Hunter trick. — the two walked again and the boy followed them. — What really happened that night? I swear I won't tell my dad.

— Rowan was in danger and I tried to warn her. He used his powers and tried to kill us until a monster appeared and strangled him.

— And why did this monster save you?

— That's what we're trying to find out. We're here to find proof. — Mors replied when Wednesday bent down and picked up a pair of glasses on the floor.

The girl's head snapped up and Mors frowned. Was she also having visions?

"Are you having visions?" Mors asked.

"Rowan had a fight with Xavier. Threw him into the wall. Rowan tried to kill you with the gargoyle."

— Let's go.

— I'm going to the library to try to find the book Rowan got that drawing of his mother out of. — Wednesday said and went back to school.

— Bye, Tyler. — Mors smiled and went to her room in Never More.

—You didn't say you were having visions. — the girl with white hair spoke up.

— You didn't told me either.

— Who-

— Thing.

— Gossipy hand.

— What you saw?

— The monster's first victim. And now I saw Xavier and Rowan arguing. I think he has something to do with it.

— Do you think he's the monster? — Mors asked incredulously.

— Who knows. Let's go to his room.

The two waited for nightfall to go to Xavier's room. They entered right after he went to the shower.

— The purple book must be here somewhere, start investigating. — Wednesday told Thing.

— This is so wrong.— Mors murmured and glanced around the room.

It wasn't very big, but it had space for two people. Rowan's bed was made, untouched from the moment the boy left. Wednesday seemed to find something and made a sign for Mors to get out of the window. She heard footsteps at the door and saw her sister hiding under Rowan's bed.