Pilgrim World

— How did you get here? — Xavier asked.

— Rowan showed me. — Wednesday said. — Left pocket.— Thorpe took the piece of paper from the girl's pocket. — By the watermark on the paper we find the book.

— And we solved the riddle.

— Riddle? Wasn't it just snapping our fingers?

— You must be the smartest of them all. — she looked at the boy with bright eyes.

— Nightshade is an elite social club. Emphasis on the elite. — Bianca said.

— From what I hear Nightshades is over.

— The group sort of lost its license about thirty years ago when a pattern died. — Xavier pointed out.

— But we have a lot of rich people here. — Yoko spoke. — So Weems doesn't care much as long as nobody causes trouble.

— Like Rowan? — Wednesday asked.

— We kicked him out last semester.— Bianca arched an eyebrow. — The question is, what do we do with them? Only members can stay in this library.

— Let's invite them in. — Thorpe said. — They are heiresses.

— After the Poe cup? No way. We can't cause trouble. They are tsunamis.

— Just because I beat you at your game? — Wednesday teased. — You don't have to worry.

— About me, either.— Mors released her wrists and handed the rope to Xavier.

— Are they really going to reject us? — Yoko asked.

— Can you believe?

— You can let the other one go.— Bianca rolled her eyes.

— I freed my hand five minutes ago. — she took the paper from Thorpe and headed for the stairs.

Everyone stared at them without reaction.

— All students must report to volunteer work at 10 sharp and then for lunch. — Larissa spoke to the entire school when the students gathered the next morning. — As you know, this year Interaction Day culminates in a very special event: the unveiling of a new commemorative statue in the city. With the right to a presentation by students of Never More.

Each one received a kind of leaflet.

— I got the Pilgrim World! — Enid exclaimed.

— Me too.

— I got Uriah's Heap. — Wednesday said without spirit.

— It's a weird antique shop. You will love ir though.

— Wednesday, — Larissa appeared beside her. — don't worry about your cello.

— What?

— One night I heard your serenade. Impressive. You will accompany the school band to Jericho at the ceremony.

Once the buses pulled into Jericho, the sisters found Xavier staring at a wall.

— What's wrong with the white wall? — Mors asked.

— It wasn't white last time. — He didn't even look at her.

— Are you mad that we rejected your invitation?

— Well, I risked it for you.

— You're just using me as cannon fodder in the fight with Bianca. We have better things to do. — Wednesday said before walking out.