Night Talk (Heardtale RCP arc)

A little explanation before reading. In my AU, rescuers have assistants who are engaged in night patrols. And they're a little younger than Helly. In this story, assistants were just getting used to living with rescuers. If we talk when they are older, they are quite used to it. But this story introduces you to their more broken versions and when they were younger. I hope I explained it clearly. Enjoy reading.

Small addition:

Kids mostly go on patrols with rescuers. But sometimes (very rarely) they have to go on patrol themselves.

-----------------------------------------------

Another night patrol for rescue assistants, which passed more or less normally, but one of them could not sleep properly. Although these two seem to be 9-10 years old, they tried to behave like adults and focus on patrols, and it's a miracle if they somehow slept for more than 2-3 hours but usually they slept for 2-3 hours. But Conrad couldn't sleep, while his friend Kim immediately fell asleep. Conrad just lay on the bed for an hour and decided to get some fresh air. He dressed quickly and put on the jetpack he and Jin had made. He quietly and quickly left the rescue station, activating the satchel, he flew to find a place where the boy could calm his soul. He was really flying aimlessly, not knowing where. He flew like that for 15 minutes, inspecting the surroundings of the city and the woods, of course it was night but on the other hand the moon was shining brightly and Conrad could see where he was flying. His attention was attracted by an open clearing in the forest and he went down to this clearing. The boy felt strange, as if the place was familiar to him. He just couldn't figure out why this place was familiar.............

----------------------

"Wow!! It's so beautiful here, dad!" a five-year-old boy said, his voice was cheerful, like any child.

"I knew you'd like it, buddy." a man's voice answered, which belonged to Conrad's biological father

"Does Mom know about this place?" the boy asked

"No, not everyone knows about this place. Even your mom doesn't know." the man replied

"Wow... This must be a secret place." Conrad said

"So it is. And only you and I know about this place." The man said, touching the boy's nose, which made the child giggle. The man smiled at this and looked at the sky: "I usually come here to look at the starry sky at night, on clear nights like this. I find such nights calming, especially after my business trips." the man continued, still looking at the sky.

"But why doesn't anyone know about this place except you?" the boy asked, perplexed

"I haven't told anyone about this place except you, little one. And let it stay between us." the man said, putting his finger to his lips, showing that it was a secret.

"Okay!" The boy replied in a cheerful voice. After some time, the man noticed that the boy looked worried about something

"Is something wrong, buddy?" the man asked the boy.

"Dad.....why are you working so far away? Mom and I miss you when you leave." The boy said

"That's my job, buddy. I can't help it." the man replied, shrugging his shoulders

"But it's not fair!! I want to see you every day. I miss you so much." the boy said, the man just looked at Conrad with sadness.

"I want to see you and Zoya every day too, but life can be harsh and may not give us what we want. I appreciate being able to come home and spend time with you. And my advice to you, baby, appreciate what you have, because you never know when it will disappear from your life," the man said