New and old faces

Continuation of the work  "a son without a father and a father without a son"

Enjoy reading.

-------------------

As Poli and Conrad agreed, no one began to talk about this meeting. After the school day, Conrad and Kim needed to go to the grocery store, Jin gave them money for the necessary groceries. So they went to the store and then they were supposed to meet one of the rescuers. The children finished shopping around 2 o'clock for lunch. Kim was holding bags of groceries, and Conrad told Jin that they had finished shopping, she said that she would find out which of the rescuers would meet them and asked to wait near the store.

"Do you think it's worth asking her how the task is done?" Conrad asked Kim. The assignment he asked about was needed for school.

"Probably, that task is not easy after all." Kim answered this question. Conrad more or less agreed with Kim about this. Suddenly their walkie-talkies started beeping, Conrad quickly pulled out his walkie-talkie and turned it on.

"Yes, Jin?" Conrad said this through the walkie-talkie.

"Boys, Amber will come to you now. You will go home with her." Jin told them, to which the children said "ok." And they began to wait for her, after a while, while both boys were chatting, they heard voices calling them. The voices were to their left, they both saw Amber along with Helly, it was a surprise for the children to see the junior rescuer.

"Helly, have you finished your duty?" Kim asked Helly.

"Yes, after the patrol I saw Amber and learned from her that she was coming to you, so I decided to join her." The junior rescuer answered with a smile on his face. Both boys smiled back too.

"Then let's go." Amber said this, with which the others agreed. The four of them left the parking lot, Helly and Conrad took some of the packages from Kim's hands, thereby helping him. They mostly chatted about how the patrol went and how the day at school went. They approached the square to turn towards the station when all four's attention was drawn to a car looking at the monument to Storm's police car. For local residents, this monument is a common thing, but that car looked with curiosity. The car itself was blue, and the headlights were rectangular.

"Maybe this is a tourist?" Kim asked out loud in a whisper, Amber and Helly and Conrad more or less agreed with him. When the car approached a little closer, without taking their eyes off the monument, two rescuers were instantly able to see the eyes of this car: the irises of its eyes were almost black. And there was a small piece of light gray in each of the irises. This was an alarming signal for the ambulance van and the helicopter.

"Amber, do you think this car has...?" Helly asked Amber quietly so as not to scare the tourist. Amber nodded uncertainly, understanding what Helly wanted to ask. Kim and Conrad looked at both rescuers in surprise, not understanding what they were talking about. Amber quickly, but with a worried look, turned her vision first to the car, then to her guys. Helly nodded at this, after Amber nodded, she headed towards the car, and the junior rescuer looked at the children and silently made it clear that they needed to wait for Amber. Both boys nodded and, along with the junior rescuer, began to wait.

------------------------------------

"Hello?" Amber said carefully, the car was slightly surprised and looked at who greeted her. And the car saw Amber.

"Hello, did I do something wrong?" the car greeted back. The voice was female and rather tired.

"No, no. You just looked at the monument and studied it, and I thought that you were a tourist. Have you been here recently?" Amber said.