Is this our destiny? part 3

"Wait! Have you lost your tracker?!?" Kim asked in panic and shock.

"I-I must have dropped it while we were patrolling." The boy with glasses said this, arriving in no less panic than his friend. After a while, the panic and shock subsided, but still the horror did not go away.

"I hope the rescuers don't have it as bad as we do right now.." Conrad said this with hope in his voice, despite the fear.

"Me too." Kim said this and began to wash his friend's wounds.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile, rescuers:

The creatures did not retreat, they attacked the rescuers, trying to harm them. Although the rescuers fought off the creatures, the "cultists" were able to inflict wounds on the rescuers. Helly got less due to the fact that he can fly and shoot from the air. And the rest fought back on the ground. Poli and Amber had to change the markers on their weapons because they forgot to do so after turning off their weapons. Jin did not turn on the second form of her weapon to make it easier for her to shoot. However, the threat came quickly and there seemed to be no end to it.

"How many of them are there?!" Jin asked this out loud. The other rescuers also wondered this question in their hearts. For the rescuers and the dispatcher, this turned out to be a little more difficult than they thought. Jin and Poli began to think about what to do next, because they still need to find children who may be in no less danger than they are. However, the thoughts of one of the leaders were interrupted: the cultist tried to destroy Poli from behind, fortunately the rescuer noticed this moment and was able to dodge. But this was only the first blow...

"AAAAAA!!!!!" a sudden cry of pain frightened all the rescuers and the dispatcher....except for one rescuer. Everyone turned to the scream and saw an unpleasant picture: they saw how the right leg, just below the knee of the police car, flew away from him. The creature stood in a pose as if it was cutting something and many realized that the creature had somehow cut off Poli's leg, but this was not enough for the creature. It created a strange ball of some kind of energy and directed it towards the rescuer. He flew towards the tree. Amber was closer to the creature and she managed to shoot at the creature, it disappeared. After making sure that the creatures were not advancing, everyone headed towards Poli. He didn't move, which made everyone tense. A moment later they saw him strain his eyes and begin to open them. Amber quickly began to inspect the damage from another rescuer. In addition to the severed leg, Poli also had several cracks in the windshield and several dents in his shoulders.

"He needs to be returned to headquarters." Amber said with which the others agreed.

"Roy, can you help Paulie get to headquarters?" Jin asked, to which the fire truck nodded.

"Can you handle it without us?" Roy asked, to which he received a positive response from the others. He took Poli's right hand and helped him stand. It was difficult for the police car because of the pain in his body, but thanks to his friend, the pain was a little less. They both headed towards headquarters.

"Helly, fly forward and look for the children, Amber and I will deal with these creatures." Jin said this, to which the junior rescuer nodded. He flew in the direction where the children could go and began searching for the children.

"Be careful, Jin." Amber said this.

"And you too." Jin answered and they both began to look for both creatures and children.

----------------

"Here, it's more or less done," Kim said, finishing treating the wounds. They both began to think about what to do next; after all, the patrol had not ended yet.