Chapter 24 • Jaci

I'm letting it go

I'm letting it go.

For today anyway.

I will not let Cal get to me. Today I'm going to celebrate my birthday with my mates and let every worry escape me.

Al least that's what I'm going to try my damnest to do.

Besides, I'm more worried about the auction tomorrow night than Cals hatred toward me.

If he wants Max more than me then so be it. I be damned if I'm going to let what Cals doing ruin my day.

After what Ora and Asher confessed to me and Faron last night, I can understand exactly why Cal is lashing out but what I can't understand is why his hatred is aimed toward me.

Nope! Don't think about it, today is my day. I'm not going to let it overshadow my day. I won't!

That's why at this moment I'm preparing a lovely breakfast casserole for my mates.

Afterwards I plan on going to the Safari Park. I love feeding all the animals the little pellet supplements in those tiny buckets. You get an up close view at some the most amazing creatures. I've only been once before when I was around eleven, with my parents, the loving memory has stuck with me and I would love if we could have a reenactment of it.

They told me last night that today was my day and we could do anything I wanted and this is exactly what I want to do today; so badly. I miss my parents and I would love to have a moment where I could relive a happy time in our lives.

Removing the casserole from the oven, Faron walks into the kitchen just in time.

"Something smells good." He walks over to me, wrapping his big strong arms around my waist, kissing me on my shoulder.

"Thought I would surprise you all with a good breakfast. Sit down. Eat." I tell him. Placing the casserole on the table and just in the nick of time Asher and Ora slowly join us.

"It's your birthday sweet cheeks you shouldn't have cooked for us. We should be cooking for you." Ora wraps his arms gently around my shoulders, planting little kisses along my neck. I can't help but to melt into his embrace. How did I get so lucky?

"I don't mind sit, eat, before it's cold." Ora kisses me on my cheek, taking his seat at the table, granting me one his gorgeous smiles.

"Happy birthday baby." Asher does the same as Ora did to me, he places feathery type kisses along my neck also. Though it's technically not my birthday until tomorrow I still appreciate the gesture.

"Thank you. Now all of you eat. We got a big day planned." I say with a lot of enthusiasm, sitting down next to Faron. As I take my seat Faron brushes his soft lips across my cheek.

"Happy birthday baby." Faron sweetly tells me.

With a bit of gusto forming inside of me for today's rendezvous, I start to eat hurriedly, impatiently waiting for my happy day to begin.