Chapter 28 • Cal

I can't keep my eyes off of her

After the auction Ora decided that we should all sit down and come up with a major plan on how to get Jaci out of her unfortunate predicament.

That was two nights ago. Now we're all sitting in the kitchen, at the kitchen table, trying to devise a plan that will either get Jaci out of all this bullshit or of a way to at least keep her safe while she will be in the presence of that asshole better known as non other than fucking DC.

Jaci has yet to utter a single word to any of us for two entire days straight. She's sitting across the table from me with her head lowered, not even focusing on our conversation.

We have tried to get her to communicate with each of us but all of our attempts in trying only ended up in complete failure.

She's blaming all of us.

I'm use to her silence toward me but my brothers find it to be unbearable. They can't handle that she is this closed off toward them.

Now they know exactly what I have to suffer through every fucking single day.

Though in my situation I am the one to blame for my circumstances, not her. It doesn't negate the fact that I have apologized profusely for days now. Jaci tends to block out her emotions toward me every-time I try to initiate any type of remorse toward her and our feelings.

I'm truly wondering if she actually hates me? As much she portrays her dislike for me or any confrontation from me, I beginning to think that she truly does actually despise me.

I couldn't blame her if she does though. I'm the guilty party. My guilt is eating away at me daily.

I just don't know what to do or how to show her that my words are actually genuine, for once?

I am no longer with Max in anyway shape or form. I rarely see him or even talk to him for that matter.

After that night I resolve to myself that I was only fooling myself by being with Max in the first damn place.

It's her I so desperately want and need. Now I only have to find a way to convince her that what I'm truly feeling and saying is the absolute and honest truth.

I just don't know to do that!

Sometimes I wish I could just turn back time and change everything that I have done to her in the past but wishes don't come true, unfortunately.

But somehow, someway, I will find a way to convince her that I am truly regretful for my actions and that I would never hurt her like that again: ever!

"Cal!" Ora screams at me tearing me away from my ramblings.

My eyes lock onto his instantly, everyone at the table is staring at me with the exception of Jaci of course, she never once raised her head at Oras gruffness.