Chapter 36 • Faron

She's getting a little better

Not by much but I count it as a win. She doesn't flinch as much when we try to touch her.

At first she wouldn't let us near her, closeting herself away in her bedroom all day and night. Rarely talking to either of us. When we tried to reach out to her she would dodge our touches like they were the most disgusting things in the world.

But now.

After three weeks in therapy I can actually see some progress. Although it's slow in coming. Today when we were at breakfast I placed my arm on the back of her chair. Without even thinking I started tracing slow little circles with my thumb along her back. She didn't dodge my touch like she usually did.

When I realized what I was doing I almost yanked my hand away from her back but then when I notice that she wasn't flinching away from my touch, I bravely continued.

That little moment meant more to me than she would ever be able to realize.

Small steps each day and hopefully soon she will be able to handle more than she thinks she can.

I hope so anyway.

I'm lonely without her. Me and Samson both. I don't think we ever managed to go this long without having sex and it amazes me that we are able to actually accomplish it.

Not that I would push her to do anything with me in any way. I just long for her. Long to be with her again. I miss her kisses. Her touches. Hell! I even miss her laughter.

She hasn't been able to that in a long time either.

The day in the gym when she tried to kill herself was a fucking eye opener for me.

The headmaster took care of Braxton thankfully because our main focus was only Jaci at that moment.

I don't think I would be able to manage to live without her if she was able to succeed in taking her life. Thankfully she wasn't.

She's my one and only. A life without her would not be worth living.

That's why agreed with Ora that she needed more than just us to help her get pass this.

Thankfully it seems to be working. I don't know how much longer I can go without hearing her laughter any longer.

It's tearing me up inside.

"What are you painting?" Thinking about her brought her vision to life.

I'm in the garage painting a portrait of her. I'm the artistic one in my family, well I guess Cal is also, he can play the guitar but I'm the one who has the talent for drawing.

I decided after Jacis incident that I would cheer her up by painting a portrait of her for her. She needs something that will brighten her spirits.

After hearing her sweet voice I quickly cover my painting with the tarp hiding my work from her. I don't want her to see the picture just yet. I want to show her when it's a completed and on a special day hopefully.