He returns

Frieda POV
the new guy is supposed to be coming today, boy am I excited! I walk to my wardrobe and look for my dress uniform, model M35 with NCO rank Unteroffizere insignia on my collar and shoulder boards. Angela had woken up early again and face palmed. 

Angela: "Frieda, sis, I love you, but you don't need to get all gussied up for the new guy, especially since hes gonna have the exact same look as us"

Frieda: "No he wont!"

Angela: "Why wouldn't he?"

Frieda: "He wont have big boobs like we do!"

Angela: "I swear you are both my favorite and most disliked person sometimes sis"

Frieda: "It means I'm unique! I can be both ends of the spectrum at once!"

Angela: "Yup"

she just gets up, not even bothering to put her tunic on, opting to keep her casual clothes on while in the barracks, and goes to the mess hall. After a few minutes there was a knock on the door, so I answered. It was the general! I snap to attention and give the German greeting, my arm going almost perpendicular to the floor

Frieda: "General Fahloh! What can I do for you today?!"

Alice: "At ease Frieda, I'm just here showing the new soldier to his new barracks"

Frieda: "Oh! who is it? Can I meet him? oh I'm so excited he's bunking with me and Angie, it gets so lonely in here sometimes!"

Alice: "Calm down unteroffizere, he's right behind me"

I accidentally shove her to the side, and jump at the new guy, wrapping him in a big hug, my arms squeezing him into a big hug, he's so warm, and his chest is so solid from the recent completion of training. I can tell he worked his ass off. I look up and see, the same kid I saw a few months prior. He's different though, his eyes aren't as vibrant as they used to be, like some of his innocence had been snatched from him.

Frieda: "oh! hello again Farrell! How're you?!"

Farrell: "could be better, could be worse, how about you Frieda?"

Frieda: "I'm great now that you're here, finally you can save me from the buzzkill that is my sister!"

Farrell: "I like, while being a serious gal she could have a laugh"

Frieda: "She's only like that around guys unfortunately, and we spend most of our time off duty in here to lower our risk of being assaulted by our peers"

Farrell: 'Why would they want to hurt you guys?"

Frieda: "because we hold higher rank and we are women, because everyone here besides General Fahloh thinks we should just be housewives and have a lot of kids"

Farrell: "Woo! Sexism!"

Frieda: "Jawohl, it sucks"

The general had gotten up and was brushing herself off, she walked up behind me. next thing I knew I got a back hand to the back of my head

Alice: "Bitch! don't shove me like that!"

Frieda: "Apologies general, I got excited, I wanted to meet him" 

Alice: "Ill let it slide this time, but don't let it happen again"

Frieda: "Understood mam"

she left, and I dragged him to his wardrobe, starting to explain how it worked and where he was to hang and put his things.

Farrell POV

Holy shit there's so many things to learn about this unit! I'm honestly super excited though, I wanted to learn how soldiers of this unit lived, worked, and conducted themselves. I smiled as I listened to her explained what went where in my uniform locker. Looking over the locker I just, nerd out mentally. Finally! Originals that are literally built to fit me! looked at me and smiled at me kindly

Frieda: "Farrell, you need to pay attention, that way you know what you need to do"

Farrell: "Yes, of course mam! Sorry"

Frieda: "Alright, quick review, where does your field gear go?"

SHIT

Farrell: "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this compartment down at the bottom?"

Frieda: "Nein, while a decent guess, the field gear goes on the inside of the right door, the compartment down here is where you put your boots and shoes"

Farrell: "Oh, scheiße, sorry mam"

Frieda: "Don't sweat it, I had difficulty learning when I got here, its natural"

Phew, she understands. She explains everything that I need to know, and I put everything away where it needs to go. Just as I finish hanging up my over coat and putting my helmet on top of my tornister pack, Angela walks in. she sees me, looks at her watch, and back to me, specifically my cuffs, and smiled.

Angela: "Well well well, if it isn't my little buddy from a few months ago, how're you doing man?"

Farrell: "Very well unterfeldwebel, thank you for asking'

Angela: "well, no problem, but whyre you all formal all of a sudden?"

Farrell: "training mam, y'know  how it is"

Angela: "ugh, why do they have to take all of the fun out of the new soldiers?"

Frieda: "Gotta maintain discipline you know" 

Angela: "true, I guess"

She sighed and jumped onto her bunk, looking at the calendar. 

Angela: "Frieda did you hear any other info on that rumor we're going to Poland?"

Frieda: "Nope! but for the love of god if we do we better get some decent rations, we're the best of the best after all"

Angela: "damn straight!"

Farrell: "You bet your fucking ass we are!"

we all look at each other and laugh, and started hanging out, me having to look away from Angela every now and again so I don't pop one. if you don't know what that means, ask your brother and stop reading this because this story is not for you. she looks and smirks.

Angela: "Shutze, my eyes are up here"

Farrell: "S-sorry unterfeldwebel" 

she just laughs and rolls over, and soon the two are called for guard duty at the Reichstag. I sigh and sat down on my bunk, laying down and looking at the ceiling, thinking about the three female soldiers I've met so far. All three are hot, but to them I'm just a dorky kid from Nuremburg that barely knows how to lace his boots properly and cant organize a locker properly. Who knows, maybe I'll prove myself in Poland

Chapter ende