Jealousy

Frieda POV
I was going to check on the two, well actually I was going to look at Farrell, god, he's so handsome. I walk up and go to open the tent flap, when I hear him talk to her.

Farrell: "goodnight general, love you"

My heart shattered. I was holding my mp 40 in my hands, but, I feel my fists clench with the strength of the powder of a fifty pound artillery shell. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as started walking away, my gun dropping from my hands. I walk into my and Angela's tent. I opened the flap of the tent, and walk in. Angela looked at me

Angela: "it go bad?"

Frieda: "..."

I started crying fully, falling to my knees to the dirt of the ground, holding my dirty face into my dirty hands. Angela walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. She patted my shoulder.

Angela: "Frieda, Frieda, calm down, I understand, and I agree. I feel the same way you do about him"

Frieda: "why? Why would he want that old bat he doesn't see half the time over me?! The one he sees daily and will always be there for him?! Why why oh why!?"

I started bawling my eyes out, my knees cemented to the ground. My sister was rubbing my shoulder gently, comforting me. I decided I was going to confront this bitch, she's going to steal my man, but I'm not going to let that happen, at least not without an effort. I get up, and go grab my mp40, and return to my tent. My emotions are fucking with me, but I have them under control. As the morning comes, I start taking our tents down and we go to a truck, General bitch bag and Farrell sit down separate from each other. I sit right next to Farrell, putting my arm around him protectively, him looking at me confused

Farrell: "you alright?"

Frieda: "yup, never better, don't worry about it"

Farrell: "you sure? You look pissed"

Frieda: "drop it before I make you fill sand bags"

That shut him up real quick, everyone hates filling sand bags. Soon we arrive at a garrison. Alice gets up.

Alice: "if you need me, I'll be going to my office, I need some time to myself"

Farrell: "understood mam"

Frieda: "yes mam"

Angela; "Roger Roger"

She walks in and I go to my bunk

Alice POV
Fuck, he was so warm, and so comfortable! His hugs are the best thing I've felt since my youth, and meeting my husband. As I walk inside, removing my helmet and stopping by the company Kleiderkammer, one to get my visor cap back, and two I had to inform them of the fact they had to put some ribbons on some of the uniforms

Alice: "hello Kropp, how're you?"

Kropp: "good mam, how May I help you?"

Alice: "one, I need my visor cap back, two, we need new ribbons for four of the dress uniforms you have here"

Kropp: "of course mam, what's the award?"

Alice: "the iron cross second class"

He nodded, and plopped my visor cap in front of me. I picked it up and put it back on. Oh goooooood I haven't worn this thing in so long! I missed it, it's so much nicer then a helmet! I put it on and walk to my office. My door my fine and new, I'm probably only the third person to use it. I enter and sat at my desk, my phone immediately ringing.

Alice: "bother that telephone"

I answered. Headquarters.

???: "Generalmajor Fahloh?"

My fur stood up on end, it was Wilhelm Keitel himself, if he's calling I'm either in really good standing or am in deep shit.

Alice: "J-Jawohl Generalfeldmarschall Keitel, h-how're you d-doing?"

Keitel: "Güte, sehr Güte"

Alice: "t-to what do I o-owe the pleasure sir?"

Keitel: "I'm calling to inform you that the high command will visit you in a week to inspect your soldiers, I want them to be In impeccable condition as to not embarrass our great nation"

Alice: "Jawohl kommandant! Dress uniform inspection or field uniform?"

Keitel: "dress uniforms, helmets"

Alice: "understood!"

I called for all platoon and squad leaders to my office.

Alice: "in exactly one week from today the high command will be doing a inspection of the soldiers, so i expect you each to have your men whipped into shape, understood?"

They all have an enthusiastic answer, and left, except Frieda. In fact she walked to my desk.

Frieda: "general Fahloh"

Alice: "Yes Unteroffiziere?"

Frieda: "I want you to shut your mouth and listen to me for a few minutes"

That caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting her to say that

Alice: "Unteroffiziere, you will not use that kind of language with m-"

Frieda: "Alice, if I actually gave a damn I wouldn't have said it"

My eyes went wide, but I decided i didn't want to piss her off more than she seemingly already is

Frieda: "I heard your and Farrell's little exchange of affections last night"

Her fist suddenly hit my desk, and her usually mischievous and fun filled eyes looked into mine with dark fury.

Frieda: "and I'm not going to let you steal my man. He's mine, I fought with him day in day out solely, I trained him in life in garrison, I taught him everything, even how to treat a lady"

She looked even sterner

Frieda: "stay away from my boy, before I have to hurt you. I dont care if we're on the same side."

She started to turn and leave. I stop and think, then give the order to stand At attention.

Alice: "Stidgestanden!"

She did, and I looked at her back, realizing I can't really talk to her like that, so I gave her the about face command

Alice: "Kehrt um!"

She about faced, and looked her in the eye.

Alice: "I'm not trying to steal your man, in fact i didn't know he was interested. I won't lie, the thought has crossed my mind and made me smile; however, I refuse to let my feelings get the best of me because I don't want to get heartbroken if he fucking dies"

We just look at each other, her confused

Frieda: "you, what?"

Alice: "I'm assuming you must've heard him say it, I fell asleep rather quickly because he was warm. Yes we did sleep in the same cot, but it was strictly platonic, I haven't had someone that would willingly snuggle me that I trusted since 1934, when you were but a immature preteen, fantasizing about a relationship. I hope you have the brain capacity to know it's 1939"

Frieda: "general"

She sighed.

Frieda: "I, ugh, I apologize for my words. My anger got the better of me"

Alice: "I could tell soldier, now, go relax before your guard duty, I have a feeling a Polish resistance might be forming as we speak so this position will likely be a hot spot for attacks"

Frieda: "understood mam"

She left, and I sat down, my face now bright red, moreso than normal, and I'm processing what she said, he liked me? Oh, my, I, I might have to avoid him for a little bit, I can't get attached, not again, not until there's peace.

Chapter Ende