A Tipperarian's Testimony

Farrell POV
I walked into the office where I was guessing the general and different officers would be. I knocked on the door and am greeted by a lieutenant.

Lieutenant: "name and purpose"

Farrell: "Farrell Fazfox of second squad first platoon of infantry regiment großdeustchland, and I'm here because I was summoned by Generalmajor Allison Fahloh."

Lieutenant: "she's been waiting for you, Obergefreiter"

Farrell: "I know, I'm trying to balance everything mentally and it's hard"

He stepped aside and I entered the office, the general and her immediate superiors were sitting behind the desk, looking me straight in the eyes. My tail tucked between my legs, Generalleutnants, and even Keitel was here

GeneralLeutnant 1: "Obergefreiter, welcome, we have a few questions for you"

Farrell: "yes sir?"

Keitel: "what would you think if we replaced general Fahloh in her post?"

Farrell: ".......question to you sir"

Keitel: "go ahead"

Farrell: "would she be transferred to another regiment or division?"

Keitel: "no, full honorable discharge and being sent home"

I stopped and thought, looking at my general. She looked at me with a sad sullen look. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. I stiffened like a board.

Farrell: "is that what you want mam?"

She looked into my eyes again, her feet rubbing the floor sheepishly. She shook her head, and gripped her iron cross on her pocket and looked at her boots. She was scared.

Farrell: "permission to talk freely sir?"

They looked at me confused but nodded slightly

Farrell: "if I had a choice I'd say to take the idea and shove it up your ass"

There was a audible gasp from Alice and the lieutenant in the room and I got a dirty look

Farrell: "she's been probably one of the only generals I know of in the last 70+ years to March with her men to the front lines, and probably will be the last one too for the next hundred years. She's competent, caring, and gives a damn about her soldiers. She and I stood side by side in the battle for Poznań and I've never seen a more powerful person giving orders in my life."

I stopped a few seconds to think

Farrell: "and she's been there a time or two with a cigarette and was able to relax and let us know it was okay, and we were safe, a reassurance you rarely get as a soldier near the front lines. She partied with the enlisted men, not her officers. She treats us like people and not pawns on a chess board. If I was asked to choose any leader in history, including the best military commanders in the history of the world, id pick Generalmajor Alison Fahloh of the Infantry Regiment Großdeustchland before anyone else"

Alice POV

I look at him, my eyes as wide as they could be. My heart rate started going up and I had to grip my iron cross again, if asked why I'd say I just was thinking about my time in battle but I'm truly just putting a hand over my heart because I'm touched, that or having a heart attack over what he just told the oberkommando's leader, either is a viable option at this point. I look between him and the generals. My great concern is that one pulls a pistol on him, but Keitel just dismissed him

Keitel: "Alice, you and him take leave for a few days while I make a decision."

Farrell: "can Angela and Frieda have leave too?"

He just glared, but nodded. I grab my sword and hat and run to the idiots side, standing behind him. Soon we walk out and I look him in the eye

Alice: "how did you walk out of there with the weight of your balls?"

Farrell: "I'm sorry mam, I got carried away"

Alice: "listen, I appreciate what you said on my behalf but that first line was probably the absolute stupidest thing you could've said to the Over command of the army, you can get shot for shit like that!"

Farrell: "if I end up getting shot but you keep your favorite job so be it"

He walked away, why does he have such a cavalier attitude towards that, if he gets shot, what's his family going to do? God I hope he comes out okay. I followed him. He goes to the barracks room where Angela and Frieda are talking about life. He walked in with a sunny disposition and large smile

Farrell: "hey girls, we got leave for a few days"

Angela: "how tf did you pull that one off?"

Frieda just got her excited goofy smile back, although it was a small one.

Alice: "he told the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht that they could shove an idea they had up their ass"

I could hear Angela and Frieda's ass cheeks clench and saw their faces go from excitement for leave to sadness and worry from Frieda, and pure and utter shock from Angela. They look at him

Angela: "are you a fucking idiot?"

Farrell: "no! They want to discharge Alice and for some fucking reason they wanted my opinion so I gave it to them blunt and honest!"

Angela: "they want Alice gone?"

He nodded and walked over and started collecting his things as he started tying his tie and unbuttoning his top two tunic buttons before realizing he was in his dress uniform, he didn't need to that

Angela: "hon, I love you, but you can't do stuff like that here"

She forced him to sit down and sat down next to him, wrapping an arm around his broad shoulders.

Angela; "you'll get shot, tortured, all different manner of things could happen to you"

Farrell: "I know, I couldn't keep my head straight"

Angela: "if nothing comes of this, feel lucky"

Farrell: "I will"

We eventually got moving and he was very silent, I hope he's alive tomorrow morning when we wake up.

Chapter Ende