22. Minerva's Eye

(POV: Zoro)

"Rob Lucci?" Nami exclaims. "Why would CP0 dare to enter Yonko territory?"

"It looks like he thought he could get away with a quick assassination," Robin commented. "He must have received word from Smoker's unit that we were headed to this island."

"As long as he doesn't harm the citizens of the island or us, I highly doubt Shanks would care about who Lucci kills," Jinbei says.

"So, Chopper. How is she doing?" I ask.

Chopper sighs. "She cracked a few ribs, but was able to block a lot of lethal damage."

Her Armament Haki massively improved.

My eyes dart to the unconscious man sprawled on the ground, blood still oozing slowly from his wounds. "And what do we do with him now?"

"Let the press get to him," Nami answers. "This will have major repercussions on the government's reputation. People will start wondering what the secret government agency's after Jun."

"Speaking of which, why is the government after Jun-chan?" Sanji asks.

"She never told us," Robin says. "But, I've done more research on ancient texts to find out where her amazing Observation Haki comes from."

She looks at Jun. "Jun-chan. I'm sure you know about Minerva's Eye. But there is something else about it I'm not sure you know of yet. Do you mind if I explain everything to the crew?"

Jun slowly lifts her head off the ground. She's been awake this whole time... just barely. She manages to lift her arm and give a thumbs up.

Robin turns to all of us, sighing in deep thought before continuing. "There were some texts that wrote about clairvoyance or omniscience. Many people discarded it as deception or delusion. However, there were moments recorded in history where people showed these powers. One of the biggest examples was a man, unnamed, who predicted the war against the Great Kingdom and the formation of the World Government by the Celestial Dragons. He also claimed that there would be a reign of terror and corruption under these Celestial Dragons. No one believed him, but the dreaded day came. He was quietly executed and practically erased from history. Most of it, anyway."

Nami's eyebrows knit together. "So we've never heard of something like this because the World Government kept it a secret this whole time..."

"That's dangerous," Jinbei says. "They dictate history - whatever is written in the textbooks."

Robin nodded. "Although even when it was brought up, nobody thought such a thing existed. But Jun is living evidence... right in front of our eyes."

"How so?" I ask. "Sure, she displays advanced Observation Haki, but she hasn't shown that she can predict the future or calculate the plans of the World Government. Even she doesn't know the full story."

"That man who predicted the war... he was described to have a tattoo of an eye on his back. One that he didn't put there. There was no specification of when or where it appeared, but it had to have been a 'natural' occurrence," Robin explains. "Does Jun know if she had the tattoo since she was born?"

Jun coughs lightly. "I've had it for as long as I could remember."

"Hey, don't strain yourself," Chopper scorns.

"There's your answer," Robin says. "It can't be a coincidence that she has the eye and possesses highly advanced Observation Haki. The government knows she's dangerous. Once she unlocks clairvoyance, I think they will increase her bounty. Rob Lucci probably tried to snuff her out before she could reach her full potential."