Chapter 16

After minutes of just sitting on the forest floor holding each other long after Soap and Alejandro went back inside the base, I pulled away and smiled slightly at Simon's confused expression.

I looked around us, scanning the trees and any other way to see us until he shook me back to reality.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, sounding slightly frantic.

"Nothing." I smiled wider.

My fingers grabbed the bottom of his mask and pulled it up just enough so his mouth was exposed. Before I could even lean down, his hands grabbed the mask from me and ripped it off. He threw it beside him and slammed his mouth on mine passionately.

I immediately kiss him back and latch my elbows around his neck to keep me as close as humanly possible. "I'm not have sex on a fuck-ton of leaves, Lieutenant."

"Well, there go my plans, Corporal." He smirked back.

He kissed me again, his hand holding the back of my head and his other was caressing my cheek.

"I never knew you were such a good kisser." I whispered against him as I gasped for air.

"I bet it's your favorite part about me, isn't it, sweetheart?"

"Oh, it's a hard second to your sexy, little accent." I snickered and pushed my hand under his mask and ran my fingers through his hair.

He laughed wholeheartedly as we stared into each other eyes, just savoring the moment. My mind suddenly clicked again. "My base. König. Simon, if everyone was here for the ambush..."

"There's no one guarding your base." He put together with me.

"Or very little. He is a flight risk. And he's fucking huge."

"He is." He giggled and stood with me, grabbing his mask along the way. "I say we'd better go get him."

"We need medical. A lot of medical. I saw what they did to him before I got captured."

"Then we'd better get there now."

~~

I kicked the truck door open and ran to the front door of my old base while Simon and the rest of the task force covered for me, shooting the snipers on the roof and around the building.

"Come on!" I yelled after breaking the door.

I walked through with Ghost right on my tail and Alejandro on his.

"Fan out. We'll cover more ground that way." Price commanded. "Ghost, Soap, you're with me. Alejandro, you're with Izzy, Watch. Each other's. Back."

"Yes, sir." They all said loudly and spilt.

"Yes...sir." I muttered and followed close behind Alejandro before making it to his side.

We walked in silence for a few minutes in which I could see him getting antsy.

"So." He started. "You seeing anyone?"

"Are you fucking me right now?"

"I'm just wondering, bonita. No need to get defensive...unless there is something...between you and Ghost."

"What?!" I squealed at him, whipping around to see his smug smirk on his face. I huffed and turned back to face forward with my arms over my chest. "There isn't anything between us."

"Really? I would say Ghost thinks the opposite."

My face softened slightly as I looked at him again. "Really? W-Well what does he think...then?"

"Oh, well, he doesn't talk much, as you know, but I can see his eyes through that mask, love. He likes you."

I quickly looked down to hide my smile and flustered cheeks but this was Alejandro I was talking to.

"And by the looks of you, mi amor, you do too." He chuckled like how I remembered.

As we continued on, I couldn't help but think back on our life together. Alejandro's face lighting up everytime he saw me when we snuck out of our barracks to meet behind the lighthhouse only to peck each other's lips and run right back. Sneaking more kisses on missions while our forces fought each other. The quickies around the corner near training while no one was looking.

The memories that flooded back all at once put a smile on my face but it faded as soon as it came. Even after all that, all that passion and love, he still betrayed me. After everything I gave to save us, my life, trying to keep seeing each other through our both Commander's fingertips, almost losing my job because of it...he still gave me away like I was nothing.

"There isn't much down the rest of the way. We should get back to the others and help them find your friend." I cleared my throat and stopped walking.

"Alright. Just one last thing before we head back." He smiled.

"What's that?"

Alejandro stalked towards me and stood over my head with his stupid smirk again. His hand caressed my cheek, lingering before grabbing my chin and forcing my head up high.

His lips cast over mine, kissing me blissfully just like how I rememebered. Just when I started kissing back, he pulled away, leaving me in my spot with even brighter cheeks and swollen lips.

"You coming, mi amor?"