Chapter 4

People stay silent for a little not really sure what to do or say since this was the first round and we have no information. We went around a did a role call but obviously everyone said they were just a citizen. I study the faces of everyone around as one figure keeps peaking my interest. The stupid white hooded man sat directly across from me and it was driving me insane because I couldn't read him at all. He looked far too relaxed for someone that could die once the timer ends. "Round one, shut your eyes and wait for further instruction, any cheating will result in game over" the voice sounds as everyone closes their eyes and Kira moves his hand away from me since we don't know what counts as cheating.

"Medic open your eyes and chose a player to protect" the voice chimes as I keep my eyes welded shut. "Detective open your eyes and chose a player to check" the voice says again after a few moments. "Lover open your eyes and find your partner" the voice says again after a few moments. "Mafia open your eyes and chose a player to kill" the voice chimes as I let my eyes flutter open in the dim light and look around. I point over the table as a red neon light glows on the table as it leads to the older lady with glasses.

Before I close my eyes I look over at the man in white across from me as I'm unable to pick him to die. He was the only person here that was worth my time plus I noticed he had a bracelet around his wrist and I wanted to know more about what it was. I shut my eyes again before the voice tells us all to open our eyes as it goes on to explain there was a successful murder.

The woman's face lights up on the screen as her chair starts glowing a crimson red as she starts trying to get up but obviously can't due to the restraints. The rest of us can only watch in horror as she starts screaming and crying as a smell of smoke and charred skin floats into the air. She begs for forgiveness and screams out about how unfair this is before she eventually stops as blood starts pooling out around her. Brutal. A citizen card flashes on the screen and stays there.

I let my eyes linger on her as I let a shaky hand drift over to Kira as he squeezes my hand back. He was surprisingly put together even after seeing this happen. I flick my watering eyes over to Kira not bothering to think about anyone else in the room. For now at least. Got to play it safe since I'm not ready to go out like that. The timer appears on the screen again as it stays silent for a while until the strong looking man pipes up.

"Well who did it then. Come on you must be feeling horrible now. She's dead because of you" the man says in a strong voice obviously void of anxiety. His idea is rather smart I'll give him that but I'm pretty sure none of us want to die so no one in their right mind will answer. Kira leans over to me and lets his thumb rub over my hand lightly in what I think is his attempt at comfort. "We can trust Ayaka for now" Kira whispers over to me as I look over at the girl on the other side to Kira.

I slowly nod my head still clinging onto his hand. "This power makes me look even sexier doesn't it doll" he again whispers while smirking down at me as I lean over a little as his hand reaches up to my cheek. "What are you two whispering about" the strong guy shouts over at the two of us as Kira leans back into his chair while stretching his legs out as if he were a king. "I'm making sure my girl is trustworthy that's all" Kira says still with a face plastered with a smirk. The strong man seems to hesitate but leave us be for now probably assuming Kira has some sort of power role since he's overly confident.

I stay leaning to the side of the chair to stay close to Kira as he laps up the attention as usual. "What do we do" the citizen high schooler asks as people shift a little but no answer comes out. I can see in the corner of my eye Kira leaning over to Ayaka as she grins widely before looking over to Akito on her other side and giving a mischievous smile. Akito seems to pick up on it and does the same to Takumi as we now have our half of the table under control. Only one person which Kira chooses easily as he leans back to me.