Chapter 14

"So your new boy, who's he" Chishiya speaks up after a minute of comfortable silence. "Why are you wondering" I ask and open and let my eyes drift back to the figure waning comfortably on the railing. "He looks like a lost sheep. I'm not sure what you saw in him to bring him back here" he says as I push myself up and look down at the pool area to see the familiar figure walking around looking lost and a little out of place. "I saw the cards in his pockets, there's more to him than he's letting off" I say and watch his figure walk around cautiously below as people eye him up.

"I wonder if you'd be interested in trying to figure out his mind" I say and look over to Chishiya as he's also watching him below. "He's plain and boring" he says sounding unamused but continues to watch him like a thrilling zoo animal. "Whatever you say, well I'm off to collect my lost puppy then" I say and push myself to my feet. "Hope not to see you around you blonde bitch" I say before heading to the door. "Ye whatever" Chishiya says quietly but I still catch it before I start heading down the stairs.

I get to the ground floor and walk out to the last place I saw Shiro as people start talking about the newbie. "He was really pretty like he must've been a model or something" a girl says quietly to her friend as the two start looking around the pool and start giggling. I follow their eyes to find the boy standing with a small group of people crowding around and talking to him. Mostly women but also some men giggling as they attempt to flirt with the poor boy.

I let out a little snort as is was rather amusing to watch as the two women from before send me judgmental looks. "She's pretty new here as well" I hear one's voice whisper lightly as I set a sweet smile on my face. I keep watching Shiro until his eyes glance across the pool and meet mine. I raise one hand out of my pocket and send a little wave and smile at him. He gives me some pleading eyes as I let out a small laugh at his distress. Out of everything in this Tokyo this is the first thing that's made him obviously uncomfortable.

I start walking over as I can hear the two girls giggle and whisper comments about how he'll probably shut me down and I'll end up walking away in shame. I get to the other side of the pool and weave through the small crowd here as I eventually manage to get to the front. "Hey Shiro, how are you finding the beach so far" I ask in a light voice as peoples head snap towards me as Shiro rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. He seems out of his element but for some reason I have my doubts about the boy.

"It's nice but it'll definitely take some getting used to" he says in a soft but deep voice which makes the people around swoon for him. "Don't worry you'll fit in plus everyone is really welcoming" I say and smile while looking around as everyone around agrees. Even as I stand here I can feel eyes bearing down on us just observing. I let my eyes flick up to the sky as I see the figure in a white hood still standing comfortably away from everyone. The difference though is there's a figure now standing beside him that I can recognise from down here as Kuina.

And he says they aren't friends. What a terrible liar. It's a little annoying that I can tell they're talking about something but from down here I obviously can't hear a word of it. "Come on let me show you around a little since you probably didn't have much time last night to get your bearings" I say still holding that sweet and friendly tone. "Oh and your friends can come along, the more the merrier" I say as a bunch of the group standing around agrees as some link arms with the boy as I have to hold back a laugh.

We start wondering around as I grab a drink on my way past to fit in with the other social drinkers here. It's worth starting to make friends now just in case I need them later. I walk through the building and get to the indoor club as lights flash around the room and people are indulging in everything here. Drinks, drugs, sex you name it and it's probably in this very room. "Feel free to let loose and enjoy yourself here, everyone else is" I say just loud enough to be heard over the booming music.